Chapter 14

sorry for the hiatus but here we go boyles and goyles, im done with uni and tafe for now lets get it

just a warning for torture and homophobic slurs. I really dont like using them so it was hard for me to write this. it probs is why this chapter took so long not gonna lie

----------

Nobody dared to move, not even to breathe. Jeongin, fear in his eyes, held his hands up in surrender, which unfroze Changbin and Felix.

"What do you want?" The black-haired boy doesn't move from his protective position, but Felix can see how his eyes flicker between Soohyun and Jisoo. Jisung whimpers as the knife digs in deeper against his throat, his hands gripping Soohyun's wrists.

Felix knew full well if Soohyun wanted them dead, he would have killed Jisung by now. Fear injected into his veins at the twisted smile curling onto Soohyun's face.

"I wanna know why you fucked up our shit so bad," Soohyun is grinning. "It wasn't very nice for you to do."

Changbin swallows, and Felix can see he is searching for the right words.

In the Hunger Games, it wasn't uncommon for tributes to be driven to a point of insanity. One wrong word and they'd all wind up dead.

They come out carefully and thoughtful, but Felix could see Changbin's fist tightening from behind his back. They're both weaponless, save for the syringe Jeongin had dropped to the ground. "It was necessary--"

"It was selfish," he hisses, his hand shaking slightly. Jisoo's eyes dart to his face, then back again. "The flames killed two of my allies."

Felix can she that she is scared.

He tightens the blade, murderous rage pooling from him. "An eye for an eye."

Felix and Jeongin scream as he draws the blade across Jisung's throat and drops him to the ground, cutting not just him but the life from him. Nobody could repair that cut in the games. It went deep, choking Jisung on his own blood as he tries to breathe. Jeongin, sobbing, falls to his knees.

Jisung's blood pools around him. All they could do was watch him gasp and try to take in air. Felix makes a motion to move, but Changbin grasps his shoulder. His face is wiped of emotion, but his fingers dig in hard into Felix's shoulder. The dying boy's eyes turning glassy as he looks to Felix.

'Live,' he mouths, before his eyes go blank. Jeongin suddenly lets out a gasp, grasping his heart. His fingers flex, shaking, as if trying to clutch the beating muscle.

"J-Jeongin--" Felix reaches a hand out, suddenly reanimating at the sight. The young boy chokes, his breathing raspy as he falls forwards. Two cannon shots go off, definitive and final, as Jeongin slumps to the ground. Felix, his veins icy and numb, suddenly feels light headed.

Shock had injected into Felix's veins, watching his two friends, who moments ago were breathing and laughing, were now gone.

It's only when Soohyun steps over Jisung's corpse, without a
care in the world, does he move.

He lunges forwards, tearing out of Changbin's grasp. His hands balled in a fists and he smashes one into the taller boy's face.

Soohyun, probably caught of guard by the power behind the punch, staggers back before snarling and raising the knife. Felix moves to punch him again, but strong hands trap his arms in place and yank him backwards as the knife swipes at him.

"Felix, don't!" Changbin had pulled him back deeper into the cave, pushing the blonde behind him to protect him. Soohyun, enraged, grasps Changbin by the scruff of his shirt and shoves him away from Felix, knife glinting in hand.