chapter 01

6 MONTHS LATER.

"i'll wait through your phases" i sat and watched the video for their phases music video. i smiled at the thought of them doing what they love and being there for eachother.

i still think about nick and zion til this day. i don't regret what i did though. clearly looking at them happy on tv, i could see the decision i made was the right one.

they both tried to call and message me after i left but i declined. they gave up after a month which i was sad about but i couldn't expect them to wait around.

i can't lie and say i don't miss them though. i still kept in touch with brandon and edwin from here and there. they would always tell me how much they wish i was there and that nick and zion missed me.

i stalked their instagram's from time to time. i know zion has a girlfriend and i could tell he was happy. nick on the other hand did not but he still seemed happier than when i was there.

"kaylani are you ready" my friend micah asked. i met him about a month after i decided to distance myself. he wasn't my boyfriend or anything but we were really close.

he was there at a time when i needed someone the most. he kept me from making mistakes and kept me sane. when all i wanted to do was fucking scream. micah understood how hard it was for me with the situation.

i never told him who the two guys were but i told him the story, and he didn't judge me not one bit. i loved that about him.

"yeah, let me grab my jacket" i told him. right now we were on our way to a khalid concert, he was my favorite artist at the moment and micah surprised me with tickets.

"let's go" i smiled and we made our way out of the apartment and to micah's car.

we pulled up to the huge arena and saw a bunch of screaming fans waiting outside to see the show. luckily micah managed to get vip so we wouldn't have to wait, we could go inside earlier than general admission.

the both of us showed our passes and we were immediately let inside with the rest of vip. a few moments later everyone else was let in and it became really crowded.

the lights finally dimmed down in the building and we knew he was about to come out. seconds after we heard his angelic voice followed by his presence moments later.

immediately everyone went crazy. i mean it was khalid standing up there right. he was so beautiful and had an amazing voice.

"now i know y'all came here to see me" khalid smiles "but i have a few special guests i wanna bring out" he continues. "my brothers.......PRETTYMUCH" he screams and the five boys walk on stage with big smiles.

shit. what am i supposed to do? should i run? no. don't be stupid. there's almost a thousand people here they won't see me. i was completely wrong.

i looked up and immediately locked eyes with nick. he smiled but i just put my head down. i wasn't mad or anything but he was genuinely happy and i didn't wanna ruin that.

the boys performed two songs, blind and phases. i could feel nick's eyes on me the whole time no matter how hard i tried to hide myself. his eyes just followed me. after they said their goodbyes and thanked everyone and khalid.

after the concert was over i quickly walked over to the car and hopped in. "why are you in such a rush" micah questions. "i don't know, im just really tired" i replied but i could tell he wasn't buying it.

micah dropped me off at my apartment and went on his way. i kicked my shoes off and sighed in frustration. why did i go to that stupid concert?

my phone began ringing interrupting my thoughts. i picked it up and looked at the screen to see nick's name flashing. shit shit shit!

i watched the phone ring until it stopped. i knew this was gonna happen someday. why the fuck am i so stupid?

it's not like i didn't want him to text me because i do so badly but i don't want him to be unhappy again. and i was the cause of all that before. i ruined a perfectly good friendship.

the only thing that would help is if i made it seem like i had a boyfriend. i guess then nick would completely leave me alone. so that's what i did.

INSTAGRAM

kaylaniraee: my peace, i love you!

liked by edwinhonoret, brandon_arreaga, haleysnd, diamondkwhite, prkr, and 3,423 others
comments are disabled for this post.

-

if you haven't read the first book please go back and read it won't make sense !!! but i hope you guys enjoy i know i've been terrible at updating but i finally got this out so enjoy lol :)))