chapter 14

"hey how have you been?" micah asked smiling at me. i just shrugged because honestly i wasn't doing great at all. "i've been better"

"tell me what's going on, i'm here for you." he says putting his hand over mine and rubbing it. i sigh before explaining my problems to him.

"nick is missing, and i don't know what to do. i haven't slept for three days just thinking about him. what is something happens to him? what if he hates me? w-what oh gosh what is he's dead?" i cry and he shushes me.

"don't think like that, i promise you he's okay" micah tries comforting me. "please don't say that, i'm tired of hearing that if he was okay he would be here with me" i slightly raise my voice and micah hold his hands up in defense.

"i'm sorry, but believe me i know that he's fine" he says barely whispering. "what did you say?" i ask and he just shakes his head "nothing" he says and quickly stands up.

"i'm gonna go, i'll catch you later lani" he smiles and hugs me before walking out of my apartments front door. i sink in my chair once i heard him leave. the fact that everyone but nick was knocking on my door was driving me crazy.

i sigh and close my eyes. i just wanted him to walk through my door and tell me he loved me but clearly that was too much to ask for.

my phone began ringing causing me to open my eyes and lose my train of thought. i looked down at my phone screen and saw the number was not one that was saved and i hadn't recognized it.

i debated on answering but on the last ring i finally did. "hello?" i spoke into the phone and no one responded. "hello" i repeat and i hear someone breathing.

"kaylani?" i heard his voice and i immediately snapped up. "n-nick? is this you?" i questioned and no one responded.

"nick?" i questioned again and didn't get a response again. a few seconds later i heard the dial tone which meant he had hung up.

i quickly dialed zion's number to tell him what had just happened.

"hello?" he spoke into the phone. he had just woke up i could tell because of how raspy his voice was. "i'm sorry for waking you but can i come over i really need to talk to you" i sighed and he did the same.

"yeah sure" he says and i nod before telling him i would be over in twenty minutes. i quickly showered, got dressed and made my way over to the house i knew all to well.

"he called me, zion" i sigh and run my fingers through my messy hair. "wait what? who called you?" he questions while pouring a bowl of cereal.

"nick. he called me" i tell him again and he looks at me like i was crazy. "please dont look at me like that" i put my head down.

"i'm sorry but that's kind of hard to believe after he refused to talk to you the other day" zion sits down next to me at the kitchen island and i just stare at him.

"you know out of all people i thought you would believe me" i tell him and he just hold a look of guilt.

"i'm sorry, let me see the number he called you from" he hold his hand out waiting for my phone. i roll my eyes and look through my call log to find the number.

once i find it i place the phone in zion's hand and he looks at the number. "wait, i've seen this number before" he says and grabs his phone.

"have you tried calling it back?" he asks and i shake my head no. "should i?" i ask "yea—" he begins but the doorbell rings interrupting him.

"i'll get it" i jumped up from my seat and make my way to the front door. i open it to find alexys standing there. "oh, you're still around" she says and rolls her eyes.

"yup" i fake smile and ask her what she's doing here. "is nick anywhere around?" she asks trying to look behind me and into the house.

"actually no, why are you looking for nick again" i ask confused and she just smirks.

"if you see him, please tell him to call me. it's really important" she says. "what that important?" i ask.

"i'm having his baby" she smiles and just looks at me. "what- excuse me?" i look at her confused. "i'm having his ba—" she begins but i cut her off.

"no no don't say it again i heard you" i look down and try to avoid crying. "it's julian" zion runs to the door screaming.

i look at him and he could see my facial expression. "what did i miss?" he asks and i just walk away and back into the house. i ran to the bathroom and slammed the door.

i could not believe this was my life.