chapter 15

"are you straight?" zion asks me and i nod. i couldn't believe what alexys had just told me. nick was her baby's father. it's just wasn't clicking.

"i'm just in shock.. but what about julius phone number?" i ask "the phone number that you said nick called your from belongs to julius."

"i know he's not with him willingly, he just beat him up a few days ago" i tell him and he sighs.

"i don't know but we'll figure it out. i got you" zion says and squeezes my hand. i half smile and thank him.

"we can stop by julian's house and talk to him— or i can just talk to him if you want" zion suggest and i hesitantly nod. i didn't wanna see julian's face but i did wanna get to the bottom of this.

"aight, lets go" he says before grabbing a hoodie and putting it on. i sighed and followed zion out the door.

"you getting out or?" zion asks. we were currently sitting in front of what i assumed to be julian's house. i shake my head no and he nods before stepping out of the car and walking up to the house.

i hung my head low to avoid any eye contact with julian. i grabbed my phone and began to look at old pictures of me and nick. we were so happy back then.

while scrolling through my phone my phone started to ring. i looked at the caller i.d and saw that it was micah calling me.

"hello?" i answer "kaylani, i'm so sorry i didn't tell you i could have stopped him but i didn't. now he's— he's— i think you should come here now." he spoke so fast that i barely understood anything.

"wait slow down, what are you talking about micah?" i ask now pitting the phone on speaker because zion was back in the car.

"please just come, i'm at the warehouse on slauson" he demands and the line goes dead. "what the fuck was that?" zion questions and i shrug.

"you wanna go?" he asks and i hesitantly nod. and with that we pull of and make our way to the warehouse.

we pulled up to a huge warehouse that was clearly abandoned. there was spray paintings all over the building the edges of it were burnt and there was trash all over the place.

"i don't think we should go in there. this shit seems sketchy" zion says. "i have to, micah seemed worried on the phone" i say and step out of the car with zion following me.

we walk into the building and it was pitch black. we both tour out our phones to use the flashlights on them. "i'm not bitching or anything but this shit is fucking creepy, and don't you think it's a little weird that he told you to come to an abandoned warehouse. who the fuck does that?" zion questions and i just ignore him.

"wait there, that room had light in it" i point to a room with the door closed but the light was coming from under the door. i opened the door and immediately wished i hadn't.

he was lying there, blood everywhere.

i run over to him and grab him. "nick? no no no this isn't happening. please wake up baby" i cry and put his head on my lap.

"please i love you don't die on me, remember our ten kids and waking up together everyday. we need that please get up nick" i cry harder and he still doesn't move.

i look up at zion who was now on the phone with who i guess was the police.

this couldn't be happening.

we sat there in the huge hospital waiting for results on nick. it had been almost three hours and not one nurse or doctor had given us an update.

"what the fuck kind of hospital is this" i scream and zion shushes me. "you need to stay calm" he says and pulls me into his chest.

"you can't tell me to stay calm when the love of— nick is in there dying. he was my person remember?" i began to cry and zion just holds me.

"the mara family" a doctor comes out of the white double doors and holds an unreadable expression. both zion and i stand up with worried looks.

"hello, i'm doctor lee. mr.mara suffered some extensive injuries. we had a really heard time trying to stop him from bleeding out b—" the doctors says but i cut him of mid sentence.

"okay i get all that. i'm not trying to be rude but that's my person in there and i need to know that he's alright. so is he?" i ask and he just looks down i immediately break out into tears.

"i'm sorry we did everything we could. but he did not make it, i'm truly sorry for your loss" the doctor sympathetically says and it makes me cry harder.

"why him?" i cry. zion just hold me and i could tell he was crying too because i felt him trembling.

-
hellooo it's been a minute i feel like .. some of y'all might be mad at me for this but i promise it's gonna give the story a good ending!!!