chapter 07

WARNING: TRIGGERING GRAPHIC SCENES HAPPEN IN THIS CHAPTER!

"i want you to help me with this song" brandon says on facetime. "what could i possibly do to help?" i joke and he shrugs "i really don't know but you were so dope last time we worked on a song, i think i just feed off of your energy" he says and i smile.

"well thanks" i playfully wink and he only laughs. "i guess" i shrug and he screams.

"let's meet up later at tribal" he suggest and i groan. "why do we have to be around food, i already look like a pig" i says and he shakes his head "just meet me there." he says and i nod then end the call.

brandon and i had grown closer over the last weeks he's helped me with this whole situation through music, he was really great with it.

i quickly got out of my queen sized bed and made my way to the bathroom in my apartment. i looked in the mirror and saw how terrible i looked and shook my head.

my hair was matted, my lips were chapped, and my eyes were red and puffy with bags under them.

i just looked away and hopped in the shower, i had to get myself together before i walked out of the house.

"this place is really nice" i compliment the cafe and brandon nods "it's one of my favorite places to come" he says and takes a seat across the table from me.

"there's live music and shit, it's so sick" he smiles and i couldn't help but notice how excited he gets when he talks about music. it's like it's the love of his life.

after about ten minutes brandon brings up a concept for a song and we go back and forth making lyrics for it.

"okay we have a few special guest in the house tonight" a man got on the small stage and says.

"oh that's my cue— see you in a few" he winks and walks away leaving me so confused.

"they're an up and coming boy and and they go by the name of prettymuch" he screams the last part and my heart falls into my stomach.

i couldn't be around nick right now, it was too much.

"they're gonna be performing a song of theirs called gone 2 long" the man says and calmly walks off stage and soon after their five faces appear and i immediately sense nick staring at me.

"i can't find my love anywhere without, so don't be gone too long my dear" nick sings and stares right into my eyes.

i didn't even notice i was crying until i felt a tear fall on my hand. i quickly stand up and begin to walk away as the song comes to and end.

"please wait kaylani" he says running after me. "what nick" i snap and he hangs his head low.

"i know you hate me, but please—" he begins but i cut him off "please what nick.. i can't do this anymore" i cry and he walk closer to me grabbing my face.

i didn't even push him away this time, i was too tired. "i love you" he stares into my eyes and i immediately wanna kiss him and tell him everything was okay, but it wasn't.

i stare into his eyes for a few moments more and pull away. "don't you think it's a little to late for that" i ask and he shoves his hands in his pocket.

"it's never to late to tell you how i feel, i'll always tell you how i feel about you until the day i die" he says and that only makes me tear up more.

i wanted so badly for things to be okay with him and i but i know it just couldn't. we have so much bad history and that just outweighs the good.

"please just don't, i don't know what it will take for you to get over this—whatever this is. but please do, i don't fucking want you anymore" i snap and i see the disappointment was over his face.

"you don't mean that" he says grabbing my face once again. "i do, you hurt me one too many times and im over it" i say and begin to walk away.

i heard his crying as i walked away and i felt my heart break into a million pieces. i didn't wanna see him that way but us not being together was for the best.

i walked so far not knowing where i was going and ended up at a bar in the middle of nowhere. i sat there and drank until i couldn't anymore.

"hey pretty lady" a guy about my age smiles and walks up to me but i just ignore him. "what are you doing here alone" he asks and i shrug.

"you need a ride home babe?" he asks and i scrunch my nose up at the name he called me. "i— n-no i'll be fine." i decline but he keeps pushing.

"come on, i'll just take you home and leave you alone, i just don't want you out here alone it's almost one a.m" he says and i sit quiet thinking about it.

"f-fine but i—" i hiccup and laugh causing him to laugh. he picks me up and takes me to a big red pickup truck.

i gave him my address and he said he would take me there. i felt my eyes getting droopy during the ride and soon after i fell asleep.

i was awaken when i felt someone pick me up. i look up and realize it's the guy who was at the bar. "are we home?" i ask and he nods. "yeah cutie we're home" he smirks.

i look around and realize we really weren't home, we were at a dirty motel. "t-this isn't my house" i say now scared.

"it's okay, you'll have more fun here than at home" he winks and i back up all the way into the headboard but he only pulls my legs and brings me back down.

he tried to take my clothes off but i kick him and he only gets back up and slaps me.

"don't fight it" he says giving me a creepy smile.

"please don't do this" i beg but he pulls my jeans and underwear down and i try to get out of his grip but he was too strong.

he puts a condom on and slide himself into me harshly.

i wince at the spin and start to cry. "p-please stop" i bed and he only goes faster and harder. "it hurts please" i plead and he just looks at me.

i quickly shut my eyes and hope for this whole thing to be over.

soon after i felt him fall down next to me and he breathes into my neck. i just layed there with tears staining my face.

he fell asleep and i quickly got dressed the best i could. it was hard due to the pain. i ran as fast as i could and didn't look back.

i stopped at a 24hr gas station and asked to borrow their phone since mine was completely dead. the lady look at me questionably but still handed me the phone.

i immediately dialed nick's number.

"hello" he says with his raspy morning voice. "i—nick- it's me" i cry and i could hear him sit up in his bed.

"kaylani baby what's wrong?" he questions and i just continue to cry.

"please come get me, im at the gas station on beverly boulevard. please hurry" i beg and he immediately says he's on his way but he wouldn't hang up the phone.

ten minutes later nick arrived and immediately run into him bawling tears.

"baby, what's wrong" he asks still holding me.

"please just take me home, i can't talk about it right now" i choke barely being able to speak.

he nods and helps me into the car and we made our way to his house.

.
i actually cried real tears writing this chapter. this hit me so hard.