chapter 03

INSTAGRAM

87,981 likes | 3,405 comments

prettymuch: new single gone 2 long out now. go check it out on all music platforms!! first FULLY written and produced song by PRETTYMUCH!

brandon_arreaga: yessirrrrrr !!!

zionkuwonu: you know the fucking vibessss 😝

pmfan: who is it about tho👀
pmfan2: that's what im trying to figure out! maybe it's about tiff idk
edwinhonoret: fuck no. but go stream it anyways !

aubreyomari: 🌐 🌐 🌐

i scrolled through my instagram feed and came across a post from the boys of prettymuch. they had released a new song called gone 2 long. no matter how much i stayed away i always supported them and their music, so i decided to give it a listen.

by the end of the song i was in complete tears. they lyrics felt so personal and i couldn't imagine anyone but nick writing them.

if it was him who wrote the song. i needed to go talk to him. if that's really the way he felt we needed to see each other again. so i decided to go see him.

i pulled up in front of the house i knew all too well and took a deep sigh. i hesitantly got out of the car and walked up the drive way. approaching the door and raising my hand to knock i grew a feeling in my stomach.

i felt like maybe this was the wrong thing. what if the song wasn't even about me? this was not the right thing. i turned around on my heels and started to walk down the stairs.

"kaylani?" i heard a voice. it was zion. shit.

i turned around and wore a small smile. "um..hi" i shyly said "what the fuck, it's really you.. come here" he said pulling me in and kissing my forehead. "yeah it's me" i laughed.

"i missed you" he says stilling holding me close. "oh i missed you too" i smiled. "come in" he suggests.

"no i can't, it was silly of me to come here" i said starting to back away. "no. please come in" he holds his hand out. i sighed in defeat and put my hand in his and he lead me into the house.

i immediately went and sat on the warm couch that i loved. "you want something to drink?" zion asked "no thanks" i replied. "how have you been?"

i sighed before answering that question. i didn't know how to answer i honestly didn't know how i was feeling. there was a whirlwind of emotions but all that came out was "good".

"that's cool, the guys and i have been performing and working on our album recently" he says smiling talking about his band. "im proud of you guys" i said and he nods.

"so, tell me why you came here.. i mean im glad you did but what made you?" he asks supporting his chin with his hands. "honestly, the song." i simply responded and but my head down.

"oh yeah, i knew you'd figure it was about you" zion says "i didn't think he would still feel this way after all this time" i said with a tear threatening to fall. "i think he always will" he responds.

"zion where are yo-" i heard a females voice and then a face followed soon after. "oh hi" she smiles and i did the same in return. "kaylani this is kelsey" he introduces us. i recognized her from zion's instagram.

"nice to meet you" i said and she said the same. "i think i should go" i started to get up from the couch. "no, don't go. i think he would really wanna see you" zion says. "the question is am i ready to see him" i laughed nonchalantly.

"i think you two need to talk" he continues. "where is he anyway?" i asked now noticing there was no one else in the huge house. "they all went out bowling, i decided to stay back with kelsey" he smiles and kisses her cheek.

i smiled at the fact of him being happy this was my goal all long. for him to be happy and move on with life. "fine i'll stay" i finally gave in. "yes! let's go get to know eachother while zion makes us food" kelsey smiles and grabs my hand leading me out to the backyard.

"who the hell said i agreed to this" zion screams and we just laughed "y'all asses are gonna be eating cereal tonight" he smiles and grabs the cinnamon toast crunch from the cabinet.

"yeah, that's how i met them" i sighed finishing telling kelsey the story of how i got involved with 'prettymuch'. "well zion told me most of it and let me tell you i could not have been strong enough to go through what you did" she replied.

i smiled and continued to play with the seams on my jeans. "let's go inside, it's getting a little chilly" kelsey suggests and i agreed.

we walked in and sat on the couch. she turned on the tv and the bachelorette was on. so we decided to watch that. even though we could barely hear it due to zion screaming at fortnite.

about 20 minutes later we heard the door knob jiggle so we turned our heads to see who was entering the house.

"wow my feet hurt so bad" i heard a females voice. it seemed familiar but i just shook it off.

the girl walked in and i immediately froze.. following shortly behind her was nick and then everyone else.

"alexys?" i questioned with shortness of breath.

.
ah omg im almost at 1k read and i cannot thank you guys enough! i appreciate u so much <3