chapter 13

"maybe he just needed space, i'm one hundred percent sure he's alright" kelsey says trying to comfort me.

"how would you know?" i snap and i immediately regret it because she was only trying to help me. "i'm sorry kelsey i'm just really scared" i sigh and lean back into my seat.

"i understand, it's fine" she replies releasing her hold on me and standing up.

"i dunno, he's been mad plenty of times but he never stays away for a whole day. somethings wrong i know it." i sigh

"don't wanna be rude or anything but why do you care so much didn't he just cut you off?" austin asks and i shrug

"our relationship is complicated but deep down we both love eachother" i reply and he just nods.

"can i talk to you in private really quick" zion asks standing up and reaching out for my hand. i gladly put my hand in his and nod as he lead me to the kitchen of their home.

"what's up?" i ask and sit down on top of the kitchen island. "i don't want you to be mad at me or anything so please know i didn't do it intentionally" he sighs.

"you're scaring me.. what happened?" i ask and he just looks down at his feet. "zion, what did you do?" i ask now standing up in front of him.

"i told him. i had to i knew you weren't—" he starts but i cut him off. "you told him what?" i ask already knowing the answer but i wanted to be sure. "you what happened to you" he says.

"wait— he already knew it happened, but you told him who?" i question while pacing back in forth in the kitchen. zion only nods in response and i completely lose it.

"what the fuck! why— why would you do that?, it was not your place at all." i scream and he had a look of guilt on his face.

"kaylani, i'm sorry but he needed to know and you weren't gonna do it" he sighs.

"bullshit zion, you know you were wrong. he probably thinks i'm a fucking liar and ran away. oh my gosh why couldn't you keep your mouth shut" i scream.

"fuck this, look i'm not gonna stand here and take shit from you for helping you and doing something you couldn't. i'm literally the only person you have and you wanna push me away? i fucking care about you that's why i did it kaylani." he screams back and i flinch at his tone.

"i'm gonna leave" i say and let a tear fall from my eye. "if you hear anything about where nick is please let me know" i barley whisper and begin to walk out to the living area where austin, kelsey, and brandon sat.

i grab my purse and wave a quick bye to everyone before making my way out of their house.

nick's pov
"wake up little cousin" i heard a faint voice as my eyes began to open. i squinted trying to adjust to the lighting in the room. my head was pounding and i could barely feel my body.

i look up at the person standing in front of me and immediately feel betrayed. "julius, what the fuck is this some type of joke?" i ask and he laughs.

"the only joke is that you thought you were going to get away with putting your hands on me, and what made it worse was that it was over some chick who doesn't even care about you" he sighs and starts to swing the metal bat around in his hand.

"you know, as good looking as she is i'm surprised you let her go. plus she's good in bed" he winks and i try to break free from the chair i was tied to.

"shut up about her julius i'm warning you you don't wanna go there" i raise my voice and i could feel my face getting heated.

"nah, i think we should go there. the first time i seen her was at a bar she was all alone so i took my chance. the dumb whore was so wasted that she got into a car with a complete stranger" he laughs and temper became worse.

"i took her back to my hotel, and you know the rest. she tried to fight me off but i couldn't stop she was too good" he chuckles

"shut the fuck up— i will kill you in here" i scream and it only causes him to laugh even harder.

"yeah okay sit down godzilla" he sarcastically laughs. "don't say another word about her or i swear i will—" i began but was cut off by julius.

"you'll what huh? did you forget who has the power here cousin? shut you're fucking mouth or i'll shut that shit for you" he snaps

"ay, j i'm here what's up?" another voice echoed through the abandoned building. "ah, micah you're finally here." julius sighs

"yeah what's— what is going on here" he asks and immediately looks at me. "have you met my cousin, he's a real dickhead. can you believe he turned on me for some whore. that's not what family does nicky" he laughs and lights a cigarette.

"nick this is micah , micah this is nick" julian introduces us and i only keep my head down.

"can i talk to you really quick" micah asks julian and he nods. "don't do anything stupid" julian says and points the bar in my face. the two walk out and i'm left alone.

i tried getting out of the rope that i was tied up with but it just wasn't working. i scooted closer to the door to heat what they were saying but everything was faint and i barely heard anything.

kaylani's pov

"please call me back if you get this message, i'm worried and i love you" i cry leaving yet another voicemail on nick's phone. this had to be the thirtieth message in two hours.

nick wasn't the type to just run away from his problems. and i know he wouldn't be mad for this long about something that didn't even happen.

but what if what zion told him made him run away from me? what if he didn't want me anymore? what if i was just a cheater and a liar to him?

i ran my fingers through my hair letting all the crazy scenarios cross my mind. i wanted to sleep but i couldn't just knowing he was out there alone. or was he?