chapter 08

i woke up the next morning in nick's bed. memories of the night before replayed in my head over and over again. just thinking about made me burst into tears.

"sh, it's okay i'm here" i hear nick's voice as he rubs my back. i don't know why i called him but he was the first person to come to my mind at that moment.

"what happened last night?" he asks now sitting up but still kept his hand on my leg for comfort.

"i—he- i cant" i sigh letting even more tears fall.

"please, i need to know why you're hurting" he says giving me a look of sympathy.

"please just drop it." i demand and he only pushes
harder.

"i don't see why you can't tell me, you called me for a reason and you had to have known i would ask." he sighs.

"just fucking drop it nick— i can't tell you or anyone else and i don't know why i called you to be honest. i need to get out of here." i said grabbing my things.

nick tried to pull my wrist back but i flinch when he does.

"are you scared?— kaylani i swear you need to tell me what happened last night" he snaps.

i look up at him and shook my head in disbelief,

"would you please let it go. i don't wanna talk about it and you're not gonna force a damn confession out of me" i snap.

"what the fuck is up? why can't you tell me" he screams back with his face turning red.

"i was fucking raped nick! is that what you wanna hear huh? h-he fucking raped me and i couldn't stop him. i was stuck lying there with no one to help me!"i shout but it trailed off because of my tears.

nick just stood there dumbfounded and i took that as my chance to leave and go home.

i made it home about half an hour later. after getting home i immediately took a shower. to wash off every bit of what that man had done to me. but no matter how hard i scrubbed i somehow still felt dirty.

i sat in the shower, hung my head low and just cried. i wanted to know why this happened to me? why didn't i stay home that night? why did i have to accept his offer? and most importantly what would have happened if i ended up taking nick back that night.

all these thoughts rushed through my brain causing a massive headache.

i quickly stepped out of the shower and put on my under garments and then a t-shirt. soon after i heard a knock at the door and quickly became scared.

i ran to the kitchen to grab a knife and shouted who is it.

"me..nick" he sighs and i take a breath of relief. i quickly go to the door and unlock it.

"what are you doing here" i ask and lean my head on the door. "im sorry"

"you're always sorry" i sigh and turn around leaving him standing there with the door open. seconds after he steps in and closes the door behind him.

"no, i'm sorry for what happened to you. if i would have known i wouldn't have pushed you that far i swear" he says and i could tell it was genuine.

"i guess i was a bitch about it, but i— i just keep thinking about him and his unpleasant touch" i say and began to cry while fidgeting with my fingers.

nick makes his way over to me and grabs my hands which caused me to stop my previous action.

"it's my fault though, i shouldn't have gotten into that stupid car with someone i don't even fucking know" i began to cry harder which only made nick pull me into his embrace.

"sh, it's not your fault. don't blame yourself if anything i should have let you walk away from me" she says while kissing my forehead.

"i can't even begin to understand the shit you're feeling right now but please let me be here for you" he begs and let's a tear fall down his face.

i knew he didn't like to see me this way but i couldn't help it.

i just nod and he only pulls me closer.

"i promise he won't get away and i would let another soul hurt you baby."

after all of the bullshit nick had done to me i had to look at all the good he has done for me as well . i knew he was always gonna be there whenever i called.

-
this is really short but i needed to update. and omg i'm already thinking of ideas as to how this book is going to end and im sad :(