CHAPTER ONE

"I promise that we'll always be together," The beaten little boy said holding out his pinky to the scared girl

"I promise that we'll always be together," The beaten little boy said holding out his pinky to the scared girl. She looked at him as her eyes glistened with tears, but she held it back sniffling.

She reached her pinky out and gave a toothy grin," Always be together"

It was the first of many promises that the young children had started, and it had become almost a vow for each other. It was what kept them from their horrible life at home, to keep moving forward.

"I promise to never let anyone get between us" The girl barely that of a teenager said to the boy, who was wincing at the mirror looking at his bruised eye. He turned to her as their pinky's met halfway locking in another promise, but that promise was something the boy did not keep.

Quinn sat in the bleachers as she cheered for her best friend who was currently playing Lacrosse at their high school at Beacon High," Come on Lahey!!" She shouted not caring if she was probably making the people around her go deaf.

Isaac looked over to her and grinned getting back into the game after Finstock threw a bunch of insults on his lack of gameplay.

Quinn was usually the quiet girl you'd find in the library most of the time, but when it came to games, she was a whole different person.

If she was outgoing and confident like most people, she would probably be in clubs or making a bunch of friends, but she was neither of those traits.

Just like her best friend, who kept to himself, since he had trust issues especially with his abusive father. Though, he had more confidence to actually join some school activities.

After the game had finished with Beacon Hills winning, Quinn waited at the usual meeting spot, since Isaac never went to the after parties, since it was never his thing. Quinn and Isaac always went to celebrate themselves at any fast food joint near them.

Quinn perked up seeing her best friend leave the locker room, and she took the cue and jumped on his back," Izzy, you almost had the winning shot! What happened? Bubs?"

Isaac lifted his hand to hold her legs as he walked," We talked about this Quinny, ever since McCall had his uh-Glow up, you shouldn't expect me to ever score the winning" He complained making her snicker.

"Does Whittemore still think McCall is on drugs or something?" She asked leaning her chin on his shoulder

"All the time"

"His girlfriend is smart, even if she chooses not to show it, but sometimes I wonder if all of the money is somehow making him lose brain cells" She commented making Isaac chuckle.

"Please, him breathing just makes him lose brain cells"

Quinn chuckled wrapping her arms around Isaac's neck," Okay you win this time" While Quinn and Isaac walked away, Scott who was near had heard the whole thing. He ended up laughing randomly which scared Stiles making the most girlish shriek making Scott just laugh even more.