CHAPTER NINETEEN

Quinn had expected to hear the sound of doors closing after telling Isaac to leave, but she was left in silence and the feel of his presence standing behind her

Quinn had expected to hear the sound of doors closing after telling Isaac to leave, but she was left in silence and the feel of his presence standing behind her. She didn't know how to handle her control, and she feared that she'd do what she hated.

Hurting someone-but even worse-Isaac, despite them not technically being friends anymore. It was near impossible for her to actually want to physically harm him.

"Quinn" Isaac reached over but she moved away quickly knowing if he kept on going closer-the desire to sink her claws in his flesh grew each second she took in his presence.

"Quinn let me-" He let out a pained wince the moment she turned to him-her claws was sinking into his arms. She let out her animalistic growl with uneven breathing trying to fight the bloodlust, but it was not showing any sign of going away.

"Quinn-" He let out a breath looking at her golden eyes," Find your anchor" Upon those words, he saw her teeth elongating from her original ones, and her nails only sinking in deeper.

"You left me" Her voice no longer the same gentle tone, but instead wolf-like," You left me all alone"

"I know Quinn," He said slowly and pained, but he didn't care," I'm so sorry-" He winced feeling the grip tighten," And you probably are sick of hearing that word, but I can't undo what I did"

"Exactly" She responded," Why even bother trying?" She somehow questioned through her hazy thoughts

"Because you are the most important person to me Quinn" He explained

She let out a bitter laugh at his words tilting her head," Do people normally leave people who are important to them?"

He took in a breath feeling his blood soak his shirt," No-I thought I did it to protect you"

"Protect me?" She said slowly as he nodded

"I was sure" He grit his teeth as he continued," I was sure that not getting you involved in the supernatural world, you'd be safe. You wouldn't be a target if it came down to it-"

Quinn's golden eyes peered into his own, and the scent of his chemosignals did not falter along with his normal beating heartbeat. The realization hit her when she took in the scent of his blood, and her eyes trailed down seeing her hands in his arms.

She couldn't control her hands, but now seeing where they were, she had the feeling back in her hands-and she panicked now taking in the warm liquid that was staining her hands. She retracted her hands in a quick motion as her mind finally snapped back to her own control.

Her eyes widened looking at her hands-once she took in the sight, she let out a blood-curdling scream, which Isaac muffled pulling her into his chest. He did nothing but run one hand through her head, and the other keeping her in a firm hold. He repeatedly placed soft kisses on her sweaty forehead along with mumbling comforting words.

It took a while, but her yelling stopped and it was replaced with tears and the faint sound of her whimpering. Though, despite the change, Isaac kept his arms around her knowing the moment he removed his hold she'd only break down again.