CHAPTER TWO

Quinn had a tight hold on Isaac after he was trapped in a grave by an overturned backhoe

Quinn had a tight hold on Isaac after he was trapped in a grave by an overturned backhoe. He kept telling her he was fine, but she was not having it. Ever since the whole body in the woods half a year ago, she feared that Isaac who worked late at night could end up being the next target to whatever had murdered the unfortunate female.

Most people would find it bothersome that Quinn was always hanging onto him, but for Isaac, it was his favourite thing in the world. He wasn't strong enough to stand up to his father, but having Quinn to look out for was more than enough for him.

But the one thing Isaac hated about himself at the moment, was that he was lying to Quinn. After he fell in the grave, he was saved by Derek Hale. He had gone out of his way to explain to him about werewolves, and that if Isaac wanted to become 'stronger' and 'braver' all he had to do was seek him out at the old burned down Hale house to receive the 'gift'

It was the start of promises that he started to break, this one was to never lie and the other, never hide a secret. It was a bold promise the second one, but the pair had grown up together and they never hid anything from each other.

Isaac refused it right away, but when night came, that all changed. Like usual, Isaac was eating dinner with his father, who ended up losing his temper once again. The sound of glass shattering filled the Lahey household, as the neighbours did the usual of ignoring it.

None of them cared enough to report noise complaints or even the obvious sound of verbal and physical abuse that happened behind the doors.

After running out of his house out of breath, the place he headed for was Quinn's but the moment he reached her home, he swore silently and turned away running to Derek Hale. He needed the bite, he needed it to become stronger, and he told himself it was also to protect Quinn.

Meanwhile, Quinn was fighting her own battle at her own home, as her older brother had locked her out of the house having a special guest over. So, Quinn had gone to the Lahey household, but only to find that Isaac was not home.

So, she was left to spend the night outside of her house, when she normally would have been in comfort of her best friend, who she had no idea where he was currently at.

It was the wake of the storm, of Quinn and Isaac to drift apart, and the start of all the lies and broken promises.

Isaac was in a pack and had other people to turn to, while Quinn who only had Isaac had slowly turned into having no one.

When the weekend was over, and Quinn still had no luck in getting in contact with Isaac, it had left her to grow anxiety that something must have happened to him.

When she came to school, she had finally reunited with her best friend, but the moment she laid eyes on him, she knew something was different.

He was surrounded by a bunch of people, laughing and acting like a completely different person, and all Quinn could do was watch from afar.