CHAPTER TEN

Hearing the price, Quinn had made the decision to help-but of course, with her own terms as well, which Deucalion agreed on since it was not going to affect their plans

Hearing the price, Quinn had made the decision to help-but of course, with her own terms as well, which Deucalion agreed on since it was not going to affect their plans. While she did accept the bite, she had also been warned that her body could reject it, and she would die.

But obviously, Deucalion did no worry. He knew she was strong enough. His pack? Not so much.

It had shocked Kali when Deucalion had told her to bite the female. She hesitated because she knew that once she did, she was going to care for the girl whether she liked it or not. It was futile to fight that urge-but that was exactly what Deucalion wanted. He needed something to fully have the power over Kali, who had in favour of only being in the pack because of Ennis.

When Quinn got the bite, Kali stayed by her side holding her like she was her own child. She hated the screams and the possibility of the teenager dying in her arms, but she kept her façade of toughness for her pride. It was a long and painful night as the base was filled with her screams.

Her body was in Kali's fear was rejecting the bite-but again, Deucalion knew she was going to be fine.

After the long night, Kali held the unconscious but very much alive Quinn in her arms. It was a close call, but the girl's body accepted the bite. She was now Kali's beta, and the older woman couldn't help but have a small smile form on her face as she ran her hand through her hair.

Deucalion knew how bold the choice was targeting Quinn, but it was an easy threat to tell Scott and his friends, that he had the upper hand. He knew for sure, that this was one of the pushes to Scott joining his pack-along with his other plans of persuading him.

Quinn scrunched her nose to the two twins standing before her. She only knew they were the cocky twins that recently transferred to Beacon Hills, but it made more sense now knowing they were werewolves. Alphas for the matter of the fact.

"I still don't see why Deucalion wanted you" Aiden folded his arms narrowing his eyes at the girl before him.

Quinn pursed her lips sending him a glare," I wonder the same thing, but honestly-I just don't care to question it-like how you shouldn't"

"Ooh" Ethan mocked," She has some sass now" the sarcasm in his voice was heavy

"Ethan" Kali warned standing next to her beta, said male just rolled his eyes while Aiden let out a chuckle," So what? We're on babysitting duty now?"

"Bab-" Quinn felt her eye twitch, as she let out a growl," Watch it, Steiner"

"You're hardly a threat Marino" Aiden stepped forward smirking," Alpha remember?"

"It will still hurt getting kicked where the sun doesn't shine right?" Quinn stepped closer challenging him.

Ethan whistled smirking at the face Aiden made, as he stepped back-not sure why that small threat made him flinch. He had far worse injuries, but the way he saw the fire in her eyes, he now knew why Deucalion liked her.