CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

The pack had watched Isaac runoff, making each of them feeling satisfied with finally getting at least one of them to admit they're true feelings

The pack had watched Isaac runoff, making each of them feeling satisfied with finally getting at least one of them to admit they're true feelings. Now all they could hope was for them to finally move on.

Isaac had easily found Quinn, having known the only place in school she'd go to when feels troubled was the Lacrosse Field. Since he joined lacrosse in their freshman year, it had become her place of sanctuary, and it never changed since.

He didn't say a word as he sat next to her, knowing him throwing her questions would only make things more uncomfortable. So, he just kept silent waiting for her to speak.

Quinn had kept her eyes at the empty field and let out a breath," Sometimes, I wonder how life would have been if we both chose not to take the bite. If we both just kept to ourselves together without having the desire to feel like we need to become werewolves to protect those we care about"

"I ask myself that a lot as well" Isaac responded

"But do you regret the bite?" Quinn asked solemnly as she turned to him

He looked at her and shook his head "No...Do you?"

"No," She said breathily as she found herself painfully letting out a dry chuckle," As much as I want to regret it, I can't-because I feel like I see what the world really is"

"What do you mean?" He questioned

"Isaac" Quinn licked her lips turning to him," When it was just you and I, it was us against the world. The world we thought that was just cruel and unkind-the world that we feared"

"It's still fearful" He admitted and she nodded her head in agreement

"It is, but it's also wonderful, I mean look at us, a pair of goofballs who only knew how to understand each other ended up making friends with a very unique group of friends, and not only that-"

"But we found ourselves" Isaac finished her sentence like it was his job, or more like he just knew what she was going to say.

"Exactly" She had somehow found herself holding his hand," We both found our own families-You with Derek and your former pack and me with...the alpha pack-despite there only being half of what it was"

"You see them as a family?" Isaac gaped at her as she half-smiled nodding her head.

"It was why I got a little angrier than I should have to see the people I care about fight. Aiden-as I said can be an asshole, but he's my brother"

"Just a brother?" Isaac unknowingly questioned which didn't bother Quinn as he expected, having been told by Scott to stop acting controlling on who enters her life.

"Well, yeah. He was more than what Quinton would ever be. Despite us starting out as enemies-the twins had become my family even if it was in a twisted strange way" Quinn clarified running her thumb on the back of Isaac's hand

"I know that we have changed greatly Isaac-and we both as hard as it is to say, have grown apart"

"So, we can never be back to just Quinn and Isaac?" Isaac mumbled

"We will always be Quinn and Isaac, the two broken souls versus the world-but I think it's better to say we are two broken souls who proved we were not unfixable. That we both showed the world who is in control-us"

"How are we going to get through these doubts?" Isaac started," I know these disagreements we have will only continue and It scares me, Quinn, that one day, we wouldn't be able to handle it anymore and leave each other"

"Come on Isaac" Quinn reached over his hand with her other one, now having a hold on both of them, allowing the male to face her," Give us enough credit. We have been through hell and back. Sure-you kind of left me behind, but I picked myself up and walked the path. On my own, just like how you did"

"What?"

"Isaac, just because you had your pack, doesn't mean you couldn't feel alone as well"

"How do you-"

"Scott told me" Quinn confessed," He told me that despite you seeming so happy-all he could really see was you trying to pretend everything was going to be okay. Which honestly, when he told me that I felt angry at myself thinking I was the only one hurting"

"My situation can never add up to how you felt Quinn" Isaac's voice cracked," I still had people to turn to, meanwhile you didn't"

"That's true-but try and see it like this. Unlike you, I'm not very easy to convince and befriend. If I was in your shoes, I would be a mess. The path that I had taken was something in my pace, as well as your own with you. Despite how much we reformed, we both know that there will be parts of us that can never change"

"See when you say things like that, it's hard for me to not love you" Isaac blurted out making Quinn look up to his eyes

"I'm sorry what did you say?" she asked slowly, unsure if she misheard his words

"That I love you-and" He stopped and took in a breath," And it's not the casual 'I love you' in a familial and friend way"

"You love me?" She repeated and he nodded tightening the hold on their clasped hands

"Frankly" Isaac said in a mimic of Lydia's tone," I think I have for a long time"

Quinn had looked down shaking her head and Isaac took it as a gesture of rejection, but the Lahey had once again been shocked to hearing her laugh.

"It's about god damn time you realized it Isaac Lahey" Quinn turned her head up to him," You are the most frustrating human being in the world. I thought Scott was dense, but you just proved to be the crowned winner of that title"

"Wait what?" Isaac fumbled

"The way you look at Scott, and the way you tend to get possessive over any guy who talks to me. It was enough for me to know why you did it"

"So, you knew the whole time?"

"Well, not the entire time, I did doubt it-but you are my same old Isaac in most ways. The clumsy fool who I've loved for a long time"

"I'm not clumsy-I've told you- Isaac cut himself off as his eyes widened hearing what she said.," You loved me?"

"No Isaac" Quinn shook her head making his face fall

"I see it's-I shouldn't have...I didn't" Isaac had lowered his head at her words but Quinn sighed pulling her hands out of his own and taking a handful of his shirt and pulling him towards her.

He froze in place to Quinn connecting her lips to his own, and he slowly closed his eyes returning it, but before he could enjoy it fully, she had pulled away," I love you, Isaac, not loved"

"Oh, I really thought you rejecte-

"Just shut up and kiss me, Isaac Lahey" Quinn cut him off as he did what she had said, but this time, he took the control in the kiss, now fully feeling the satisfaction.