CHAPTER FOUR

Quinn was sitting by herself on one of the benches in the middle of the courtyard just reading a book when the seat next to her was suddenly occupied

Quinn was sitting by herself on one of the benches in the middle of the courtyard just reading a book when the seat next to her was suddenly occupied. She peered up and tilted her head to who was sat next to her," Hey Quinn"

"Hey, Scott?" She said but her respond being more of a question. Since bumping into each other, he had often been greeting her in the halls and somehow, she found herself acknowledging him here and there.

"This is weird...Isn't it" Scott quickly commented and it made Quinn chuckle at his he looked like a sad puppy, who had his bone taken away

"Well, no-Not really, I mean you do often say Hi to me in the halls"

"It's still weird" He quickly told her making her lower her book as she once again chuckled at how he was acting

"It's not weird unless you say it is" She pointed out and then he looked at her in horror.

"It was a joke," She said at the silence that came with his face making him lightly fidget

"Sorry-I just didn't know how to approach you" Scott confessed," We've had classes since Freshman year, and we never actually spoke to each other"

"Maybe it wasn't the right time" Quinn stated making him turn to her in question

"What do you mean?"

She smiled and nudged her head to the table across the courtyard," Like them for instance" Scott followed her gesture and look to see Lydia and Stiles," A lot of people know about how Stiles liked Lydia," She leaned a little toward him," And after Jackson transferred, we all got to see the real Lydia Martin. The smart and friendly Lydia, not the one who acts dumb and snobby"

Scott smiled at her words and then turned to her," What about Stiles?"

Quinn folded her arms and smirked," Well, he's still the same in most ways, but something about him is definitely different-He's more confident"

"So, is that what you do? Besides reading?" He questioned her and she looked at him raising an eyebrow

"What? Observe people?"

"Yeah" He answered he noticed her face slightly fall but she quickly covered it with a fake smile

"It's just how I spend most of my time, ever since-" Quinn didn't finish her sentence and looked down.

"Isaac" was all Scott said making Quinn's heart rate pick up, and Scott listened to the uneasiness," Sorry-I didn't mean to be insensitive"

"It's fine" She quickly said looking at him," It doesn't bother me anymore, we are practically strangers now-that he's in your circle-Okay I can see how messed up that sounds now that I say it" Scott had wanted to just tell Quinn that was not true, and that Isaac spends almost every waking moment since turning talking about her but the words never came out.

He knew the way Isaac chose to keep her safe was definitely the wrong way, but considering the distant look in Quinn's eyes, it seemed a little impossible now to just think it can be fixed easily.