#7

roia jean king

everybody sat at the table in the restaurant, all of our debit cards in hand. david giggling, panning his camera over us as he explained what was happening. i groaned, throwing my head back.

"why do i hang out with you guys? i'm a struggling college student, i can't pay for all of this." i groan dramatically.

"didn't you just buy a balmain silk dress?" matt questions playfully, pursing his lips.

"oooh balmain silk? who you fucking tonight baby?" zane winks, making me laugh.

david noticeably stiffens and i shake my head.

"i'm not fucking anybody. there's an athletes ball after finals so i thought i'd splurge a bit." i shrug, handing my card over to david.

he places them all out onto the table and the waiter walks over, as david explains to the waiter what's happening, everybody watches anxiously. he eyes the cards carefully and starts to reach forward.

"well i like blue since it's my favorite color." he says, reaching towards mine and matt's cards.

my heart drops to my ass and then he picks up matt's card. i shoot out of my seat, hands in the air.

"thank you matt!" i yell dramatically as matt places his hands on his head.

the whole group cheers, yelling their thank you's as david laughs.

"wow! nine hundred dollars!" david exclaims into the camera.

zane laughs as he looks over at us.

"boutta be broke as fuck after this." he laughs.

matt sighs, plopping his hands at his sides.

"yeah."

the waiter brings the receipt back for matt to sign and david points his camera towards him.

"this guys the best. i'm definitely coming back."

matt lets out a breathy laugh as he quickly signs the check.

"i'm not."

i laugh, throwing my head back, patting him lightly on the back.

"don't worry, i'll cover your rent this month."

"i'm gonna need you to cover my rent for the next two months." he laughs.

i shake my head, wide smile on my face. we all pack up our things and walk out of the restaurant. david places his hand on my lower back, and i look up at him, smiling.

"your brother isn't upset or anything right? i can pay him back-"

"no no no. don't worry about it, davey. he's fine. it's all in good fun." i reassure, bringing my arm around him to rub his back slightly.

he smiles, nodding his head and throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"i still need more footage." he sighs, looking through his camera.

i ponder my thoughts momentarily and look back up at him.

"do one of those extreme coin flip things." i shrug.

his face lights up as he turns to me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"ro. you're a genius."

he grabs my hand, pulling me towards the group as he shouts for them to stop. they all pool around and david turns his camera on, pulling out a coin.