#12

roia jean king

coach roone blows the whistle, ceasing our second to last practice before finals. we all make our way to the benches where we prepare ourselves for his shitty pep talk.

"alright alright. so the game. it's like soon or whatever. but no need to fear everyone, rachel, liz, the twins, and roia are in tip top shape. the rest of you guys are really good too. now...please shower. you all look sweaty and gross."

a few chuckles are let out and undoubtedly a dozen eye rolls. we drag our way into the locker room where, those of us who aren't staying in the dorms, tiredly wait for an open stall to shower. as i'm grabbing my shower bag and towel from my locker, liz slams the locker shut, causing me to let out a yelp.

"jesus liz. don't scare me like that."

"are you and david dating?"

a blush rises onto my already red face, and i nod my head.

"oh mY GOD! RO!" she screams, enveloping me in her arms.

"okay okay, we're both sweaty and gross. please wait." i laugh, pushing her off of me.

"did you guys kiss? oh my god did you guys fu-"

"no. no no. we kissed. that was it."

liz smirks at me, nodding her head.

"yeah okay. that's why david told me you were busy getting pregnant and to leave you two alone."

i shook my head, the group of girls walk out of the stalls and i nod my head towards them. liz and i walk off getting into the shower stalls next to each other. we both exit at the same time and make our way back to the locker rooms to change.

"is he picking you up from practice?"

"no, i'm heading over there."

"oh, did you want me to take you?"

"no it's all good. i'm driving."

liz drops her deodorant and stares at me.

"you're driving?"

"i drove to his house yesterday. then i drove myself home. i'm 22 years old. i should be able to drive myself places." i shrug, clipping my bra back on and dropping the towel.

"well i'm proud of you ro." she smiles, putting on a simple loose white v-neck and high waisted blue denim shorts.

"i'm proud of me too." i smile, grabbing the red tank top and throwing it on.

i then put on deodorant and a pair of black nike shorts and threw my wet hair up into a bun. i hugged liz goodbye and grabbed my bag and my keys, making my way out to my car. i sigh happily, running my hands over the wheel, the memory of david giving me this car still fresh in my mind. he had pranked matt into thinking he was getting arrested, which in turn made me freak out. i ended up having a panic attack over it and david felt so bad, then he bought me a car. which at the time, i thought was extremely excessive. but hey, i'm not going to complain. i pull out of the parking lot and make my way to david's house, picking up some starbucks for carly, erin, and natalie on the way. i park in front of david's house alongside the curb and make my way into the door. my backpack slung across one shoulder, and my keys and cup holder full of drinks in my hand.

"hey guys i brought your coff-"

i'm immediately shocked to see a small stripper, upside down on todd's lap. davids camera towards me and i simply place the cup holder onto the pool table and turn right back around, starting to walk out the front door. i hear the group laugh, and i smile, turning back around and making my way inside the house.