#13

roia jean king

"you're going to do what!?" liz and i shout as we stare at david in disbelief.

"i'm flying to boston, and i'm going to propose to jason's mom so that i can become his stepdad, since he said nobody would ever marry me." he explains, attempting to contain his laugh, his eyes flickering between us.

"well there goes our ship." i sigh exasperatedly, throwing my hands up in frustration.

david laughs and leans forward, turning the camera off. he then turns back to us, grabbing my hands.

"you're okay with this, right? because if you're not then i won't do it."

i shake my head, running my hand through it's hair.

"it's okay baby. i'm not upset."

"uhhh...excuse me. i'm upset. i waited this fucking long for you two to get your heads our of your asses and get together just for you to marry somebody else? no, i'm gonna marry her off to somebody now."

david and i turn to liz, eyebrows furrowed and confused laughs leaving our lips. natalie covers her mouth in order to supress her giggles.

"what is this? game of thrones?" natalie laughs.

"might as fucking well be. i'll marry roia off to robb stark."

"liz...do you not remember the red weddi-" i start before she interrupts.

"we dON'T SPEAK OF THE RED WEDDING BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. IT WAS JUST A FEVER DREAM."

"also robb stark isn't real. richard madden however, is real." i point out, taking a sip of my water.

"okay, i'm right here." david pouts.

"oh shut up and go get married. liz and i are going to get roia to marry richard madden." natalie smirks, waving david off.

he throws his head back in laughter and he exits off of the highway, pulling up to the airport.

"oh by the way, my parents say hi. and they want to see you soon."

"did you tell them?" liz asks, leaning forward and grabbing my water bottle, taking a large gulp.

david shakes his head as he parks the car at the edge of the terminal.

"no, i wanted ro to be with me when i told them."

i smile at him, nodding my head. we all get out of the car and help natalie and david grab their bags out of the trunk.

"we'll plan a weekend soon, davey. now go get married, and don't forget about me." i pout, pulling him into a hug.

"i'd never forget about you, baby. i'll be back in two days."

"okay. text me when you land, please."

he smiles, leaning down and pressing his lips to mine. i stand on my tippy toes, the edge of my glasses pressing into his cheeks. undoubtedly leaving smudges on the lenses. i pull away, smiling up at the dopey boy.

"go, you guys are going to miss your flight."

natalie and david run off to the terminal and he quickly turns, tossing the key to me.

"don't crash!" he yells, smirking slightly.

i simply wave goodbye and hop into the drivers seat, liz getting into the passenger.

"you sure you're really okay with him getting married to jason's mom?"

"dude, why wouldn't i be? it's hilarious."

she simply shrugs, scrolling through her instagram. my phone dings and i turn, looking down at my phone in the cup holder.

"do you mind checking that?"

she nods, picking up my phone, her eyes scaning over the screen.

"awwww. me, tom, and harrison are your lockscreen?" she pouts, placing her hand on her chest.

i roll my eyes, nudging her slightly.

"shut up and tell me what it is."

"it's tom. he wants to know if you want to go on a target run with him and matt."

"ooooh. yes please. i need to pick up some things. tell them that i'll pick them up after i drop you at harrisons."

liz types out the message and she puts my phone back into the cup holder, a comfortable silence blanketing us, until liz speaks up.

"i think i'm in love with natalie."

i suck in a deep breath, nodding my head. taking a moment to process the bomb she had just dropped onto my lap.

"what about harrison?"

"i love him too. i just...i don't know anymore."

"don't know what? if you're still in love with him or not?"

"i don't know if i love...men."

i pause, looking over and her and pulling into the nearest parking lot. i swerve into the nearest spot and turn towards her.

"do you think you're gay?"

she pauses, letting out a shaky breath, her fingers fiddling with each other.

"i-...i don't know. i don't know anything anymore ro." she sobs, wiping her cheeks feverishly, trying to hide her tears.

i grab her hands and she turns to look at me. her brown eyes wide and scared. like a deer caught in headlights. her bottom lip quivering as she tried to stop her tears.

"it's okay to be confused. it's okay."

"i just...you hear all these people who were talking about how they always knew that they were gay. that they had this sort of epiphany when they were young, and they always knew that they were different. because they were born that way. but not me. i mean, i figured out i was bisexual in high school. and it wasn't like i had always known either. up until gwen i-...all i wanted was guys. i was never attracted to any other girl. just guys. then here she comes, her beautiful platinum blonde hair and bubbly personality. she was the first woman i ever loved. and after that, it was like i saw things differently. the same, but different. and then we graduated and things fell apart. i know i joke that i knew i was gay when i met you, but that's all it is. a joke. and i'm so scared that i won't be able to figure out what the hell is going on with me. because i was so in love with harrison. i really was. and i do still love him, but i don't know what kind of love this is. but i know that i am in love with natalie. i know that whenever i look at attractive men, i don't feel the same things that i used to. i don't feel the same things that i feel when i see a beautiful girl walking down the street. i don't know what i'm doing anymore, ro." she sobs.

i take her into my arms, running my fingers through her short hair.

"you don't owe it to anybody but yourself to figure it out. hell, you don't even need to figure it out. you deserve to be able to love who you want to love without feeling like you need to put a lable on it. if you don't want to figure it out, then don't. human sexuality is so fluid. so if you don't want to figure it out, then don't. just be who you want to be. but, you do owe it to harrison to at least tell him that you don't feel the same way about him that you used to. be transparent with him about everything you're feeling. i know harrison. we both know harrison. he'll be okay. he's not going to be angry with you. he'll understand."

she nods her head, pulling away from me and wiping her tears. i take her face in my hands and place my forehead on hers.

"i love you, elizabeth marie carl. and who you love, isn't going to change that."

she smiles, letting out a happy sob and bringing me back into her arms.

"i'm a gay mess." she laughs.

"yeah...you are. but i love you anyways."