#9

roia jean king

the blindfold over my eyes tightens and my heart thumps against my chest. 

"david julien dobrik i swear to god if you buy me another car that i cannot drive i'm going to sell it and buy you some pants."

david's hands fall off my shoulders and the room erupts in laughter. 

"you're going to sell the car and buy me pants?"

"you need new ones" i shrug.

"just shut up and follow me."

david's hands place themselves back onto my shoulders and he guides me outside. 

"okay, are you ready?"

"yes. i've been prepared to die from the moment i met you."

"shut up." david chuckles. 

"okay okay. i'm ready."

i'm met with silence, then suddenly, a loud car engine roars to life. my mouth falls open and i snatch the blindfold off of my head. 

"you're fucking lying. nope. this is rental. is this yours? david what the fuck."

david smiles widely, the keys dangling in his hand. 

"you're fucking joking. davey what the fuck!"

"am i hot now?"

"you've always been hot."

as soon as the words leave my mouth, my heart falls to my ass. how i allowed myself to be so stupid i have no idea.

"and cue the rabid rovid shippers." jason announces. 

i laugh and david throws his arm around my shoulders. 

"care to go for a ride?"

my smile grows as i look up at him. 

"yeah?"

he nods his head and opens the passenger door for me. 

"and here we have david finally using his riches to get women." jason jokes, pointing his camera at us as david hops into the drivers seat. 

"oh please. i don't need riches to get roia."

"that's bold of you to assume." i mumble softly, inspecting my nails. 

"oh fuck off." david laughs, pressing the button to the car as it roars to life.

jason says his goodbyes and makes his way back into david's house, where carly and erin were waiting to continue shooting their newest video. 

"so, where're we going?"

"wherever you'd like davey."

"oh don't start with this shit."

i laugh, leaning my head back onto the headrest and turn to look at him. 

"okay okay. but i really don't know. let's just drive, davey." 

he smiles, nodding his head and pressing the button on the gate opener. he speeds off, making me squeal. david speeds through the streets, making his way onto the highway. my grip tightens onto the side handle of the door, he places his hand gently on my hand that grips tightly onto my phone. 

"you okay?"

i take a deep breath, nodding my head. 

"yeah. i'm okay davey."

the car slows down as we make our way down the wriggling road. the wind blowing through my hair, and the sunlight glimmering across the water like glittering shards of glass. he pulls the car into a small lot, overlooking the oceans and the coast.