#11

roia jean king

i shake my wet hair from the towel, as i put the rest my things back into my duffel bag. i quickly pull on one of my old clickbait t-shirts that i had stolen when david first had them made and a pair of white running shorts. i close my locker and make my way out to the parking lot when liz rushes over to me.

"dude, have you seen your timeline recently?"

i shake my head furrowing my eyebrows.

"no, my phone's been in my bag since practice started. why?"

she shakes her head as we get into her car.

"i guess in david's new video, kelsey confronts david as to why he doesn't like her."

"wait what?"

she nods her head and i pull out my phone. my lock screen already littered with mentions from twitter and instagram. along with messages from tom and matt.

i open the messages from matt, which are just him asking if i'd seen the video yet. i replied with a quick no and then open tom's message.

tommy
if this isn't enough proof that this boy is literally in love with you, then i don't know what is.

as liz pulls into my driveway, we rush into my house, throwing our things onto the couch and pulling up the video on the living room tv. i impatiently watch through the first minute and a half of david's vlog before it cuts into a clip of david, jason, matt, zane, and kelsey in david's car.

"how old were you when you got botox?"

she pauses for a moment, pushing her hair behind her ear.

"i'm twenty right now- nineteen?"

"that's so young. but you don't need it. you're a pretty girl, you don't need that kind of stuff." david reassures.

my chest tightens as the next sentence leaves her mouth.

"if i was pretty, you would kiss me...and you don't want to kiss me."

jason and zane laugh as matt chuckles awkwardly. david smile nervously as his hand rubs over his forehead.

"kelsey i'm never kissing you i wanna say this right now."

"literally why?"

everyone in the car laughs and jason turns to look at kelsey as she begins to speak.

"jason i've tried so many times, he goes 'get the fuck off me.'"

"really!?" jason exasperates, then the clip is cut to ilya hiding behind the hotel wall, where he eventually scares natalie.

liz pauses the video and turns to me.

"and to think...you were so nice to that bitch after she tried to make a move on david at that party. like what the fuck-"

"i have to go." i stand up, grabbing the keys to the car david had gotten for me last year after pranking matt so badly that i had a panic attack over it.

"wait ro are you-"

"lock the door when you leave."

i slam the garage door shut and shove my key into the ignition. a million thoughts running through my head, but one very prominent one overlapping them all. i fucking love david dobrik. as i speed through the streets of LA, i make my way over to david's house, trying to make sense of what exactly i was going to say to him. as i pull up to his house, i whip into an empty spot on the sidewalk and make my way to his front door. i unlock the door, slamming it behind me, making david jump from where he was standing by his bar cart, only one of his red vans on his feet.