I Got Dibs on Babysitting!

Merry Christmas!!! Today is obviously Christmas, we will be telling our families today that we are pregnant. We decided instead of having two different celebrations we would have everyone over at Ryker's place. Even Serena and her family will be here today. We were planning to wait until our first trimester was over to tell everyone, but since it's Christmas we figured it was the perfect opportunity to announce it.

"Merry Christmas beautiful, I know you're awake." I felt little butterfly kisses on my bare back as i was laying on my side and Ryker was holding me from behind. He loves being the big spoon.

"Merry Christmas handsome." I turned around so i could give him a good morning kiss. "Are you ready to tell our families?" I asked

"I am so excited. I wanted to shout it from the rooftops that the woman I love is carrying my baby." I love hearing him talk like that. "Now, lay on your back so i can talk to our little bean." He loves to talk to the baby, we know it can't hear anything yet, but it's still incredibly sweet. "Woah! there's a little bump now!" He was right. It isn't much honestly I just looked a little bloated, but if you look close enough you can see it. "Hi baby. Today is Christmas. You are going to love this day so much when you're here. I promise you i will never be working this day. I will always spend this day with you and mommy. We are going to spoil you. I love you baby." He placed a kiss on my belly before we decided to get up and start to get ready.

We hopped in the shower together trying to be quick. When we got out We dried off quickly. We had about thirty minutes before people started to arrive. I will be meeting Ryker's sisters and niece for the first time. 

We quickly got ready, purposely coordinating our outfits. I put on a long sleeve gray sweater dress that ended a little above my knees. Under the dress I put on a pair of nude tights and a pair of black ankle boots. I then layered on a red and black plaid scarf. Ryker wore a red plaid flannel, a pair of dark wash jeans and a pair of black leather shoes. We looked cute.

 I quickly dried may hair leaving it in its natural wave. I didn't do much for makeup, just some mascara, concealer under my eyes and some chapstick. Perfect. 

We left the room to go down and wait for our guests by the tree. I sat on the left side of the couch and as soon as i sat i felt a little wait on my lap.

"Hi Koda. Merry Christmas." I said petting the cute kitty. He's so cuddly and affectionate. I rubbed behind his ear and he started to pur. 

"He likes you, probably more than he likes me" Ryker chuckled petting the cat on my lap.

The doorbell rang  and Ryker hopped up to answer the door.

"Merry Christmas!!!" I heard Serena basically yell "Woah, nice place dude!"

"Thanks," he chuckled "I'm guessing these are your parents?" 

"Yes, this is my Dad, Jesse, and this is my mom, Alexa."

"NIce to meet you both, welcome in."

"Thank you it really is a lovely home." I heard Alexa say as they came into the living room where i was.

"Hey guys! how are you? It feels like I haven't seen you in forever." I hugged the people that are basically a second set of parents to me.

"I know, it has been way to long Had." Jess said as he pulled away from the hug.

"You guys can place your gifts under the tree and make yourselves at home here." Ryker said before running off the answer the door again, as the bell just rang.

-----

It was now noon and everyone has been here for about an hour. All the gifts are under the tree and we are all gathered in the living room just chatting and getting to know each other. Mavis and Chora are incredibly nice and welcoming, so all of my nerves were gone within a minute of meeting them. Bella is enjoying all of the adult attention. She is three, which is such a cute age. I can't wait until our little bean is that age. We decided we would open gifts after we eat our lunch, which Ryker is making in the kitchen. I offered to help, but he told me just to relax and enjoy the family time.