You can't stress

Hadley's POV

 We have been at my parents place for four days now. I am so happy that Olivea is okay. I don't know what I would have done if anything happened to her. She and Ryker are my life. I need them. Today, Ryker and I are heading to the hospital again for a check up to make sure everything is still okay. 

We get to the hospital and wait for my name to be called. Drew comes from some room, and says he's ready for me. I grab Ryker's hand and I look at him and notice he's acting a little strange. "What's wrong love?" I asked him while we are walking to the room.

"Uhm, nothing just worried I guess." He said refusing to look at me. He's lying and it's honestly making me really nervous. I don't want to push him though, in case it causes us to fight or something.

"Hey, Had. How are you doing? Any pain or anything?" Drew asked when we got into the room.

"I'm good. I haven't felt any pain or anything. Can I ask why you're here? No offense of course, it's just that you're a general surgeon, not an OBGYN or something like that. I don't mind of course. Just curious." 

"Well, I was there when you cam in so I know the case, and we figured having a familiar face would be less stressful than you having to meet a bunch of new people." He explained. I guess that made sense. I looked over at Ryker and saw him looking down. He won't look at his brother in law. What is going through his head? "Alright let's get started. I have to take your blood pressure to start and get some other vitals." He did all the testing and left for awhile to go get the results.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked him again.

"Yeah baby, I'm fine. I promise it's just, last time we were here I was scared out of my mind for my two girls. I thought something was going to happen. Hadley, I never want to feel that again. I can't handle the thought of losing you or our little Olivea. I love you guys so much, it's just hard." He ranted. 

"It's okay love, We aren't going anywhere baby." I told him pulling him into my arms giving him a reassuring hug.

"Okay Hadley, I have somethings I need to talk to you about. You have to take a seat and remain calm. I need you not to stress or worry okay?" Drew said coming back into the room. I gulped and took a seat next to Ryker so I could hold his hand. These two are starting to scare me.

"Is Olivea okay?" I asked my biggest fear.

"Yes she's fine. The thing is, when you came in the other day, we diagnosed you with something called Pre-eclampsia." he started out.

"Okay...what's that?" I asked confused.

"Pre-eclampsia is basically high blood pressure in pregnancy. There are a lot of possibilities, but none of it will for sure happen." he said being rather vague.

"What do you mean? What's the worst that could happen?" I asked I could feel Ryker rubbing my back in a soothing manner.

"You could have a placental abruption, causing you to hemorrhage while in labor."

"What?" I asked

"You placenta could detach from your uterus causing excessive bleeding. This could possibly be life threatening." He said laying it all out. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. I know I can't stress. I can't do anything that could harm Olivea.

"Okay, what do I do? How do I make sure she's okay?"

"We are going to have to have you come in a lot more frequently so we can check how well she is developing. We also have to make sure you are doing okay, Pre-eclampsia can cause a lot of other symptoms, like problems with your vision, or kidneys, or liver. We may have to deliver her early. We will make sure she is okay though so don't worry about that, we are more worried about you. We are going to balance, your symptoms, if they arise, and the growth of Olivea and figure out what the best course of treatment is." He explained "We are also going to give you a prescription to help counteract the condition." I nodded taking it all in. This is a lot. I look over at Ryker and see he has tears in his eyes.