A peaceful existence

Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. Months run into years. Life on Tenrou Island was peaceful and serene. There was not a care in the world. No appointments, no jobs or missions, no angry relatives, and no rent.  Other than the normal friendly rival between a certain ice mage and a fire dragon slayer....all was well.

Lucy woke up in the middle of the night and stretched her body while still laying in her bed. She felt the arms of her love around her and a silent groan come from the other side of the bed. She tried to loosen his grasp but his strong arms began to tightened around her. "Don't go Luce," came a sleepy voice. She wiggled her body around to face him. His eyes were half open as he pleaded with her to stay in her spot. "I'll be right back," she told him as she touched the side of his face." "Promise?", he sleepily asked. "I promise," she said. He released his grip and she kissed his cheek as she started to exit the bed....he grabbed her hand and pulled her back down on the bed and kissed her lips "Natsu," she giggled, "stooppp....I'll be right back." She crawled out of bed and he reluctantly released his grasp on her hand. He watched her walk into the bathroom and close the door.  "Hurry"....he moaned still half awake. 

It has been 4 1/2 years since they asked the Master to marry them. Grey said they were crazy and a waste of time. He reminded them that this all would just be a forgotten memory. But they didn't care...they loved each other. And even though it may all end when the spell wears off...they decided that this is what they would do anyways if they were not trapped in the shield barrier. And because of their decision, it caused others to take a chance on relationships and love. Rather live in love and be happy, than in misery not being with each other, even if it may all be forgotten.

Lucy quietly slid back into bed. She looked next to her to see Natsu had rolled over facing the opposite direction lightly snoring. She pulled the covers over her as she lay on her side and started to drift back to sleep. She opened her eyes when she suddenly felt a comforting warmth on her back and a strong arm slide around her waist and pull her close. His hair slightly brushed against her cheek as he gently kissed the back of her neck. He snuggled in to her back with his head and quietly moaned. "I missed you," he said in a sleepy voice. "I was gone for a minute," she replied to the clingy dragon slayer. "One minute too long", he responded back. She smiled and turned towards him. She felt his warm breath on her face. She kissed his cheek and snuggled into his chest and he pulled her closer to him. 'I love you", she said with a yawn as she drifted back to sleep. "I love you too Luce," he responded kissing the top of her head and stroking her hair.

He knew that the spell would soon be broken and all of this would be forgotten. He treasured each second with her, and didn't want a minute to go by where he could not be near her. He felt the rhythm of her breathing as her chest pressed against his. Her heart beating steady and strong. " I wish this could last forever," he thought to himself. He stared into the darkness wishing for a different reality. He thought about before they came to the Island and the adventures that he and Lucy shared. He remembered her kicking him out of her apartment when he would sneak in. He lightly chuckled to himself. "If only she knew then how much I loved her and just wanted to be around her every minute," he pondered as he continued to stroke her beautiful soft blond locks. "I never had the courage to tell her then, I thought she didn't feel the same, " he continued in his mind, "or maybe I was just too naive or stupid to see that she felt the same way.  

He breathed in her heavenly strawberry vanilla scent that is so intoxicating to him. He moved his arms to her rub her back and she let out a content moan and moved closer to him. She wrapped her arms around his sides and breathed a sigh. He loved her touch, so gentle and soothing. he sightly brushed her hair away from her face and kissed the crown of her head again. "I never want this to end," he whispered. "Mmmm", she quietly moaned, "me either my love," a sweet sleepy voice answered. He blushed realizing he spoke out loud. He let out a deep sigh. He will enjoy this time while they have it. He snuggled into his his bride and fell back into a blissful slumber.