Chapter four

(Reapers POV)

The house was now littered with papers, Their wasn't really much else to do around here but try and figure out what happened. Everyone seemed to be frightened of me which was odd I mean I try to be friendly but...

As I thought about it I didn't recognize a knock at the door until is seemed to thunder loudly through out the house. Startled slightly I headed over to the door opening it was more or less pushed aside.

A Skelton in a navy blue coat strided in, "uh excuse me?" I questioned he seemed to just noticed me and gave me a lazily grin. "Not looking so bad buddy eh? Finally recovered from love sickness?" Confused I opened my mouth to say something but the familiarity of him made it get caught. Instead I asked  "do I know you?"

He chuckled shoving his hands in his pockets "perhaps but anyways, usually I don't bother doing this kind of stuff it isn't kinda my thing but I thought you would need to know , now when you see your red scarfed buddy? Tell him and his friends he's in grave danger.

Give this letter to him or any of his friends who visit you, Their watching everywhere so be careful and be wary on who you put your trust in"

This guys crazy I thought remaining quite, he chuckled "where not all bad reaper, you where living proof of that. You know before the war I remember toriel and frisk,do you remember me being part of their guard?" He said with a new found fondness in his tone

Maybe he wasn't as crazy as I thought he seemed pretty sincere. He shook his head slightly, "anyways I need to go before they find out. But like I said give them the letter, I wouldn't recommend looking at it not while you can't remember, and while your like... this." "But wait-" before I could say anything more he walked out the door and seemingly vanished by time I went to look.

"The hell is going on here" I muttered looking at the red envelope on the front it had one word 'Humility'

"great! Another mystery" I said outloud taking the Skelton's warning and laying it on the countertop.

(Genos POV)
"Geno." Turning to the guardian angel with emerald eyes she bowed slightly to me and the others who where looking through the latest recruits , "our scouts around the mortal realm saw a demon visit I believe it was reaper?" I nodded silently urging for her to continue a demon could only mean one thing.

"It wasn't just any demon how ever, it was the holder of the sin sloth." My eye sockets widened slightly "why out of all the sins him?" Questioned ink. I nodded I turned to toriel who looked at frisk questioningly.

"He also 'saved me'" piped in dream who was still hard to get used to back around here. "That's certainly odd." Frisk commented, "excuse me for a second" I said leaving through the doors as the others chatterd behind me I needed to look for Somthing.

~~~
"So we've come to the conclusion it's to dangerous to send either you dream or lust back down. So we will send the most unassuming one of us." Toriel spoke her gaze turning to frisk who had a determined look, "but why not me??" She socffwd "Geno have you forgotten already" my words got caught in my throat and I shook my head no. "Why not ink or me?" Questioned. She shook her head "you guys would stand out to much. But it's settled so no arguing about it anymore okay? Frisk you will leave imdiently. Be careful my child"

~~~
(Reapers POV)

Cleaning the dishes I was interrupted another gentle knock. Geez i hope it's not another weirdo, I thought slightly bitter not wanting another dilemma thrown at me. Walking over I dried my hands on my shirt and opened the door.

A human child stood their, she had dirt on her face and was shivering. Imdiently my gaze softened "heya? Uh what brings you here" her gaze searched mine before she quietly spoke "I-I'm lost I got separated from my mom and it's getting dark. I have no where to go"

Feeling pity for this kid I thought for a moment, I mean it would keep the suffocating silence at rest for a bit, and it would only be the night. Sighing I stepped aside "you can stay with me for the night, just please don't suffocate me in my sleep" I joked not expecting such a dark thing to come out of my mouth.

She gaze me a momentary bizarre look before she giggled, her hair was cut short to her shoulders, wearing a blue sweater with light pink shorts and light blue tights with brown knee high boots.

She stepped in taking a small look around "cozy" she commented I nodded, "uh are you hungry?" She nodded her head. Walking to the kitchen she followed behind "do you like soup?" She nodded again.

She didn't speak all to much it seemed which I was fine by. Starting up the stove again I put some soup on to boil. "Where ya from?" I asked.

"Oh Angelus. It's uh a far city away" nodding my head I turned to look at her. "So you got separated from your mom?" She nodded "but I'm just glad someone's willing to look after me, it's hard to get kind people now a days" she said softly.

Looking at the ground I crossed my arms thinking, "what's all these papers for?" Snapping out of my thoughts I looked over to the living room. "Uh, funny story" she tilted her head ready to listen. Chuckling I shook my head "I mean it's funny but it's boring and honestly I'm sick of telling it. Plus I think I'm starting to sound crazy even to my self"

She nodded, pouring the soup in to a bowl I handed it to her she took a seat and blew on it to cool down. "My mom was visiting a friend here, you might have seen him? He's a Skelton like you and wears a blue coat."

That sparked my attention, "you know him?" She nodded "do you?" "Yeah. He came in today talking crazy" she looked at me seriously "what did he say?"

For someone who looks ten she doesn't talk like a ten year old. I gave her a strange look but shook my head, "I don't know, a kid like you shouldn't care anyways." She huffed "I'm still mature" I chuckled "just eat your soup kiddo you don't have to worry about it."

The room went quite besides the sound of her eating. Looking at the envelope I stared at it curious as to what's in it. Giving a faint smile I looked back at the kid "you know some times I wish I was your age, you do not want to be a adult. Being a adult sucks" she giggled "that's why I like being a kid, though no one takes you seriously" she said a hint of sadness in her tone.

Walking over I sat across from her at the table "well don't worry kiddo, lll take you seriously" she smiled "well can you tell me about what that Skelton said?"