Chapter 11

(Genos POV)

"I hope he's alright, Dream said he was corrupted..??" I spoke as we walked to the old cottage. "Yeah, he did try to kill me" shrugging he sighed looking at him he seemed really deep in thought.

Bumping him with my shoulder he looked at me "let's not think to much of it let's just try and get him." he nodded slowly grabbing my hand so he could interlace our fingers.

Smiling slightly I walked a bit closer to him since he was basically a walking heater to me it helped combat the cold air, sure I was kinda used to how cold it was but it dosent mean I don't like warmth.

He noticed and chuckled slightly "what" I snapped feeling a bit embarrassed. "Oh nothing~"  scoffing I let go of his hand and crossed my arms.

I heard him laugh again but he just wrapped his arm around me to pull me closer to his side as we walked along  I couldn't complain but I still held my pout.

~~~
Arriving at the place the jovial mood ended as we saw that someone had set it up in flames sure the fire was out but the demolition of it was still easy to see. How black scorch marks ran up the standing walls. The roof had been caved it after the fire had problems burnt down the support beams.

"Oh no" I said reaper was silent his arm fell loose off of me so I could walk.

"Damn it." I muttered I noticed the path that we'd use to the berry field had golden splatters on some of the leaves or trees. "Their" I said loudly turning to see reaper who was examining some of the wreckage.

Nodding hesitantly  he followed as I quickly went down the path "Geno wait this is where it happened" stopping I looked back reaper stood a few paces back.

Walking over to him I noticed their looked like their had been a struggle.

"I was looking for you, and then he cane out of nowhere Dream had helped me but I'm not sure where he went after that."

He was looking around as I thought, If I where lust where would I be...

Thunder could be heard over head, making both reaper and I look up. "Shoot we have to hurry" I mumbled knowing something bad was happening clouds as dark as night could be seen dotting the sky promising rain yet it didn't give way.

Looking at a weird jagged mark on the bark of the tree I felt someone pull me back with something around my chest. "Reaper!" I yelped before getting thrown on the dirt making me wheeze.

Reaper quickly grabbed my assailant but got a harsh elbow to the face. "Sh*t" he cursed stumbling back glaring kicking the persons shins you don't hit my mans and get away with it.

That seemed to catch them off guard long enough for reaper to get them down and pin them.

Now able to get a better look I noticed it was non other then the Angel we have been looking for "lust?!" I asked he was struggling beneath reaper. Yet he definitely wasn't him self Black was running down one of his eye sockets and his eye lights where a darker purple then usual.

Giving reaper a nervous look he exchanged it back "gen what are we supposed to do." Thinking I looked around seeing a long root jutting out the ground.