Chapter 9

(Genos POV)

Their was dark plumes of clouds rising up in to the air, shrieks and cry's could be heard faintly coming from the main clouds that held cities and the kingdom.

You could see flickers of flames and people running, "oh no" I exchanged a grim look with dream, our home everything that we know is under attack?! I stood Panicking as I watched everything being torn away from me, again.

Reaper grabbed my arm drawing me out of my grief, "it'll be okay guys. We have to help though, try and think of a plan as where doing so"

Was he serious??? Dose he not realize that we should have had a plan ages ago and now where basically signing our death joining this flat out war." But uh Remember your a demon?? They'll start attacking you!, what if you get hurt??" He scoffed "Remember I fought like you did and survived do you really think some guardian angels are strong enough to kill me."

I scoffed looking back at dream who shrugged seemingly wanting to get things moving."we don't have time to argue Geno, we just need to spread the word"

Nodding we headed over, Dream summons's his divine weapon, a bow that could kill a demon with a single arrow if it hit the right spot.

I had only a simple blade, but it was strong enough to slice through anything.

"I'll find the queen okay?" Dream said nodding I looked back at reaper we couldn't stand still for too long soon people would notice "please don't hurt any angels" reaper nodded "I promise love. Please stay safe" he muttered against my skull as he pulled me in to a quick embrace.

Parting ways I wanted to keep a close eye on him not because, I was suspicious I new where his loyalty lies, but I was worried some angels might hurt him badly like the other virtues.

(Reapers POV)

Dodging the attack of another angel who seemed quite bent on killing me.

Looking over at Geno he seemed distracted pulling a guardian angel from some rubble.

"Well well well look who finally showed. Where've ya been pride,We've missed you"

A evil giggle sounded, "well if it isn't the witch her self" she scoffed "as if! you son of a-" "why the hell is everyone attacking??"

She grinned at my question "first off rude don't interrupt me you prick! And wow you really have been gone a while reaper. Where finally gonna take back what's rightfully ours, and after that where gonna claim the Mortal relm amd after that-" finally having enough of this angel that keeps swinging at me and having to dodge him.

I delivered and swift knock out before turning to address the demon of greed.

Only instead of speaking I swung my scythe cutting a bit of her hair and just missing the rest of her.

"My my reaper and I thought you had a change of heart" she mock pouted "you know I think I'll actually enjoy killing you~ think of how much I'll be rewarded  to kill such a oh so powerful sin~" growling I swung at her again missing her again. She giggled mocking me.

"Nightmare should have ripped you to teeny tiny shreds when he could have!" getting more pissed off I swung again "my what a spectacular spectacle that would have been! maybe then we wouldn't have such a pathetic excuse for a demon currently" she teased  "shut up." I growled "oh? Is someone getting cranky" she spoke in a baby voice pouting again.

"I think it's just about nap time don't you think? So why don't I help ya with that!" She lunged with a knife slicing the sleeve of my cloak.

"You damned brat!" Slicing her arm she seemed taken aback not actually thinking I'd catch her.

Smirking I kicked her down so she landed hard on her back. "You wouldn't kill me reaper, would you" she said all innocently which irked me more.

"Sorry no mercy kid." Right as I was about to land the killing blow I was tackled, I felt my self free fall momentarily before landing with a heavy Oof feeling someone pinning me down.

I heard my scythe slide across the marble floor of some building, just  out of reach. It seemed like the world was spinning momentarily.

(Genos POV)

How are we supposed to stop this, they have something that's turning angels on the demons side. That's probably why they had the confidence to attack. But how did they even get up here only pure beings can teleport up here and those they bring.

Dose that mean some angles where already corrupted??

I had little time to dwel as I heard the queens voice.

"Geno! Thank goodness, we need to evacuate"

"What?? And let them win??" I talked back finding weird confidence. She winced "I mean evacuate those who are wounded. Of course we have to stay and fight but those who can not.." she trailed off wanting me to connect the dots.

"Okay so what's the plan" looked around the area "order some guardian angels to help the injured. But make sure theirs some left to fight" nodding I ran to tell others dodging attacks and stabbing when I could.

I just hoped reaper was okay.

(Reapers POV)

Growling horror had my arms pinned. "What's with the face pal. Last I checked yer the traitor"

Wincing he dug his knee harder in to my chest. "This will be fun, wheres that little angel Huh? Ya know I always wondered how angels taste, mind If I try yours"

Growling I tried struggling once again but he summoned his axe.

"Ya know pal,theirs a pricy bounty on your head, a demon who went out law to run after a angel, non the less a humility angel"

He pressed the blade against my neck. "I'm almost tempted to let the angels have their fun with you and rip you to shreds but then again, I'd love to be the one to make you bleed"

I wouldn't let my self give up, and submit. No. And I wouldn't be willing to let my self get saved like a damsel in distress. With a final burst of strength I rolled us over so now I was pinning him. Seeing my scythe to the side I lunged to grab it but horror was to quick in regaining us surroundings and sunk his axe in to my out stretched arm.

Crying out in pain I fell back off of him seeing black blood slowly seep out of my arm.

Hearing horrors chuckle maliciously. "What happened to your reaper you've gone soft, the reaper id once known never let me beat him in a fight, Infact I thought he was almsot merciless"

He kept eye contact with me as I sat back clutching my arm giving him my most hated look. I was rusty sure, but can you blame me I'm still barely getting my memories back.

It was a battle field around us, clearly demons where winning angel after angel was dying, I almost feared Geno would be one of them.

Standing up I gripped on to the scythe crouching in to a fighting stance. This made him laugh again "I'll play for a bit then, show me what you got." He taunted.