Zwei. The Beginning

Readers Pov

"(Y/n) why must you keep insisting on leaving this place?" My mother spoke softly while wiping away the remaining sweat that dripped off her chin, "Why must you keep treating me like a child!" I yelled back also wiping off the sweat that had formed on my forehead, i swung my fist at her again and she dodged just like all the other times. "Because you are 15! You are a child and will listen to me and your father!" Her shirt stuck to her sweaty body as her hair danced around her as she dodged another hit, pulling back her fist, she aimed right for my stomach and punched me in the gut resulting in me coughing and falling to the ground. "Oh my god (Y/n), I'm so sorry, i didn't mean to hit that hard" She was kneeling beside me holding a hand to my stomach "Its fine, we are sparring after all, that's what just happens." Pulling away from her i clumsily stood up, taking unsteady steps retreating back to the room where i spent most my life but stopping in my tracks, my back still facing her. "Then just tell me this, Will i ever be able to leave and live a life of my own. Or will you keep me locked up here forever, being my living shadows" My hair fell over my eyes casting dark shadows over my face, i could tell my mother tore her gaze away from me and also turned her back towards me. "I cannot answer that, but what i can tell you is that we do all this to protect you. Are you not grateful for all that we have done for you, we teach you about the outside world, we feed you, we keep a roof over your head and protect you from evil. We even train you in combat so you can fend for yourself if anything was to ever happen to us. Yet, you still want to live in that horrible place with despicable humans and demons!" Silence followed "What? Demons don't exist" I spat taking heed that her eyes widened in realization and fear "Uh yea, Silly me aha" Rubbing the back of her neck and letting out nervous chuckles she began to panic but it was washed away when the front door opened and my Father stood before us. "(Y/n)" He nodded at me and i returned the gesture "Father" He locked the many latches on the door and shoved the keys into his pocket, when he walked past an idea popped into my head i smirked to myself.

"Father, would you mind telling me what Mother meant when she referred to, and i quote 'Despicable humans and Demons'" I saw how he stopped walking and tensed up, standing incredibly still, his head shot towards my mother and sent a cold death glare. Quickly looking away to avoid any suspicion he turned his head to the side to look at me from the corner of his blue eyes, his back still facing me. I carried on speaking causing his fists to clench and eyes to narrow slightly "Last time i checked, there was no such thing as Demons. Has mother become delusional or are you hiding something important from me. If so, i suggest you tell me now before i get taken by these so called demons" I chuckled as my mother lost her composure "How dare you demand things of us, just who do you think you ar-Shut it!" A loud bang echoed throughout the small room causing me and my mother to jump and turn in the direction of where it came from, Our eyes wide with fear. Father had smashed his fist against the table and rudely cut my mother off, "You know nothing of this world, and i have no clue as to what 'demons' she was talking about, they are a myth nothing but a cheap story to scare children into being good. So go to your bedroom before i do something ill regret, NOW" I felt myself shake with fear, never have i heard him so angry, he was always so sweet and composed. Running off to my bedroom and slamming the door shut behind me, making sure to lock it. My back pushed against it as i slowly slid down onto the cold floor, biting my lip and burying my tear stained face in my hands to silence any noises that escaped my quivering lips. "I'm leaving today, i don't care what they say. I decide my future"

Nobody's Pov

"I slipped up, I'm sorry" Her mother muttered under her breath trying to explain to her husband "You slipped up. Just don't do it again" He pulled her close and carried her to the sofa, both of them cuddling together once seated. "I'm just worried about her, i know its hard on all of us but she doesn't understand. If we were ever to leave, we would immediately be hunted down, we cant take that risk and put her in danger" She pulled him closer leaning against his chest, slowly drifting off into the land of sleep. "We promised to protect her no matter what" "And we will" His gruff voice responded while gently running his fingers through her knotted hair, he noticed her slow calm breaths signalling that she had fallen asleep, he soon too joined her and began closing his blue eyes, allowing the darkness to take over his consciousness.