Vierundzwanzig. "Turn Back Time"

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*
"Sir, i'm sorry for your loss" The nursing exorcist placed a hand on the shoulder of the hunched over man, his face buried in his hands. "Sorry for my loss? she ins't dead!" The purple haired man snapping and standing to his feet, the seat falling to the ground from his outburst as he glared down the smaller male. "I know, but there is a high chance that she will never awake from the coma. She suffered great trauma to the brain, and if she is to wake up, which would be a miracle, she would not have her memories. She wont remember you or even herself" The blonde man backing away as in not to anger his higher up, the demon standing beside the unconscious woman and gritting his teeth. Rage building up and itching his insides, shouting across the room at the healer. "Do something then!" "Sir i have tried everything i can, there is nothing to be done. I truly am sorry about your wife, but she will never wake up" "Why you!" Lunging across the room and grabbing the poor man by the collar, the demons fist colliding with the face of the exorcist. His body falling to the ground, holding a shaky hand to his cheek and looking up with fear. "Get out. Now!" Stumbling to his feet and heading towards the door, carelessly shutting it behind him in an attempt to flee from the angered demon. His green eyes laying back onto the almost unrecognizable woman, white bandages wrapped around her head as she lay in their bed. Her chest slowly rising and falling, the IV tubes sticking into her wrists. Mephisto picked up the fallen chair and placed himself in it beside her, tracing her hand with his. "So careless, only you could do something that witless. Why didn't you wait, or call out to me" His thin eyebrows furrowing in aggravation, "If i do this, my body wont be able to handle it and will deteriorate over time. And then there's the consequences you will suffer, there's always the chance that you still wont get your memories back. I'm really stuck here, help me out" Desperately awaiting her reply only to be met with a painful silence, sighing in disappointment and placing a soft kiss to her hand. "I don't have another choice, living a life without your utter nonsense spewing out your mouth is not a life worth living at all" Standing to his feet and dusting off the black suit, "I order thee! Turn back time!" everything froze, the ticking of the clock, the rain beating against the window, her breathing. Everything slowly moving backwards and replaying the previous events before him, time freezing as he saw the sight he wished he didn't. Her blood stained face smashed against the concrete, the large split on the side of her head causing blood to pool around her. Turning back a few moments earlier to where she stood taking in the view of the lake, her eyes sparkling and hand held to her chest. "Play!" The scene playing out before him, watching as she slipped, her body crashing to the ground. Successfully catching her before she made contact with the concrete, she let out a squeak of surprise feeling him pull her close and hug her. Resting his head on her shoulder as she was now standing where she once bled out, the horrid thought haunting him.

"You're such an idiot" Bringing his hand to her head and pushing her closer, sniffing in her scent. Remaining quiet and hugging back, following behind him as he guided her towards the limo and helped her in. Placing himself beside her and pulling her close, something was off. She was way too quiet, and he knew. "(Y/n) my dear?" "Yea" Her voice coming out higher then normal, her eyes looking into his longingly. She moved her lips, opening and then closing as in to force the words out. "I have a question" The demon nodding motioning for her to ask away, his green eyes enlarging upon seeing the tears well up in her eyes. "Who are you?" "Huh?"

Readers pov
"Who are you?" I noticed his eyes widen and body freeze, trying to restrain the laugh that attempted to sneak past my lips. Forcing the fake tears to cascade down at a much quicker pace, his hand reaching out to touch my face. "Don't touch me pervert! I don't know you!" His face was priceless, i get what i was doing was horrible but its what he gets for punching an innocent man, i heard it all. I threw my body back slightly bumping my head and cowering in the corner of the leather seat, his hands trying to touch me but also trying to keep away. "(Y/n), i-i'm your husband" Omg he stuttered, i broke him. Flinging myself forward and wrapping my arms around his neck, "Mephisto i'm so sorry, i thought it would be funny to joke about that" "(Y/n)" He was not hugging back, his voice low as i backed off. "Never do that again" His eyes glaring into mine, swallowing the large lump that found its way into my throat. "But that's what you get for punching that doctor" "Wait, so what do you remember?" "All of it, falling, cracking my head open, hearing you screaming at the doctor and punching him, and then shouting 'Stop time!'" He smiled warmly, pulling me onto his lap, nuzzling his face in the crook of my neck. "Turn back time actually, but i'm still not sure why you remember any of it" "Me neither, but i am now staying away from staircases" He chuckled at my response capturing my lips in his, twisting my hair between his fingers. "Master Pheles, we have arrived" Pulling away and climbing out of the long car, waiting for him to join my side. His arm locking with mine and walking towards our home, the demon butler following behind as we entered our bedroom. "Belial, inform the Vatican that i will not be at work or having visitors for the next week" Huh? I turned towards Mephisto hearing him struggle to force the words out, his body collapsing to the ground face first. "Mephisto!" His body began shaking and foaming at the mouth, blood dripping from his eyes and nose. I did nothing but stand and watch, consumed by fear. "Belial what's happening to him!?" "He overdid it, he is possessing the body of Johann Faust and he must have overused too much power. The human body cannot hold up, stand back" He sat beside the demon, turning him on his back to calm the seizure. Dropping to his side and grabbing his hand "You idiot! You knew this would happen!" The next thing i knew, i was being dragged out the room. Too busy flailing around and trying to get back to my husbands side to notice who was pulling me away, slamming the door so i couldn't see or get back in. His teal eyes watching my every move as i cried against his chest, slowly and carefully encasing me in a hug. His head resting atop mine, running his fingers through my hair just like Mephisto would do when i was upset. To my surprise he bent down and lifted me up, carrying me bridal style in his arms heading towards his room.

Kicking the door open causing it to slam against the wall, walking into the dark room that was barely illuminated by the night light on the side. Gently placing me onto his bed, my body curling up into a ball and crying harder. Shutting the door and approaching the bed, he climbed over me and lay on the bed facing my direction. Curling up beside me pulling me close to his chest, my sobs muffled by his now soaked shirt, his hand playing with my hair to soothe me. "Brother will be fine, don't worry. I have done this many times before, he'll be okay" His hushed voice calming me down as my sobs slowly ceased, his soft heartbeat humming me to sleep, drifting off in his arms.

His eyes soon closing after briefly shuffling around and pulling her closer for warmth, wiping away the tears and resting his head on hers once again, slipping into the world of sleep.

Timeskip to morning
I awoke to warm breaths hitting my face, the scent of mixtures of candy filling my nose, opening my eyes to be met with Amaimon's. His hand resting on my cheek and rubbing his thumb against the pale skin, wiping away something wet. "You're crying" He mumbled nonchalantly, "Sorry" teal eyes burning into my soul as i reached up to pet his hair, grabbing onto the green point and squeezing. He growled in irritation, flipping us over and pinning my arms either side of me, his body hovering over mine. My (E/c) eyes widened, staring up in fear as he bared his fang like teeth. "Don't touch my horn" Growling like an animal. So that's their horns! The weird things on their heads. "Sorry" Staring down at me for a few moments before pulling away and sitting on the edge of the bed, "You can see brother now" My body shot up, running in the direction of our room leaving him behind. Slamming my bedroom door open seeing the demon jump up in shock, his eyes locking with mine as he sat up in bed holding a book. (Y/n) dea-" Before he had the chance to finish i charged across the room and threw myself at him, my body crashing on his and wrapping my arms around his neck crying into his chest. Sitting stunned for a few seconds but soon running a hand through my hair and tangling his fingers letting it rest in it, placing little kisses all over my head. "I'm so sorry you had to witness that" Grabbing fists full of his loose yukata and pulling it as i sunk deeper into his lap, burying my face into his bare chest. "That's it, let it out" Why was i so upset, maybe because i saw the man i love foam out the mouth and bleed from his eyes. The dribble dripping from my lips as my head hung low and tears dripped onto his legs, "I hate you" Managing to mumble past the constant choking on my tears. "Oh no, you don't mean that" Sounding almost sad, lifting my face up to look at him in the eyes. His lips drawing closer to mine, moving them in sync and sucking on my bottom lip, grazing his teeth against it. "I love you" "I love you too" He turned me around and sat me between his legs, wrapping one arm around me and holding the book out in front of us with the other. My back resting against his chest as his head rested on mine, turning the page when he needed. "I'm not moving this entire week" "I wasn't planning on letting you" Tightening his grip around me holding me captive.