16) The Morning After

(YOUR POV...)

I didn't take notice of the footsteps behind me until it was to late. A hand was thrown over my mouth and a strong arm wrapped itself around my body.

The next thing I know I'm flung through the door that was next to me. I wasn't able  to workout where I was because I must have smashed my head on something and got nocked out.

-

I feel a light shining in my eyes and heat on my face so I roll over to shield myself from the light, but as I moved my head it aced like I had been hit in the head or something. That's when the realisation came back to me and I jolt into an upright position causing my head to pound and spin.

"Be careful (Y/N), lay back down" Alex's voice filled my ears. To say I was happy to hear it was an understatement because it meant that l wasn't court last night but I open my eyes just to make sure.

I was right I hadn't been court because I was in my dorm room under the covers of my bed. I looked around to see that Savanna wasn't here and that Alex was sitting next to me with a relieved expression on his face.

"What happened?" As I say these words my voice comes out croaky and my words are barely understandable.

"You hit your head pretty hard on something and it nocked you out" Alex states.

I look past him to see my reflection in the mirror mounted on the wall. I have a cut running across my forehead above my left eyebrow.

"Alex where's Savanna?"

"Relax she's at practice, I told her you feel down the stairs" I look at him blankly great now I'm gonna be known as the girl who can't walk down stairs I think to myself.

"Alex last night at dinner Jackson and some of the other guys left the dinning hall, I followed them but-" Alex cut me off before I could tell him what happened but the strange thing was he had a sheepish grin on his face.

"I know (Y/N) I was the one that saved your ass" he says scratching the back of his neck.

"Wait so your the one who did this?" I say pointing to the gash on my head.

"Yeah" he laughs nervously.

(Alex POV...)

We where at the dinning hall. Everyone was eating and chatting. I was talking to Reece one of the boys from my maths call and I had lost track of the time.

For the missions sake I had earned the trust of Jackson and his group and was now supposed to be meeting them in the halls to discuss a 'plan' of some sorts, but I had got so lost in thought that I was already late.

"I've just gotta use the bathroom real quick" I say to no one in particular as I rising in my seat.

I quickly sneak into the halls which is easy because the teachers are all distracted by their food. I started walking up the corridor until I heard a loud snapping sound. Any normal person would have stopped but I quickened my pass. I get around the first corner to see (Y/N) standing so still looking down at her feet.

I heard the voices coming so I rushed up, put a hand over her mouth so she would scream and pushed her into the cleaning closet next to us.

"Ben?" My name was said in a questioning tone and I look up to see Jackson giving me a questioning look. "I thought we heard something"

"Yeah sorry guys" I looked down to see what (Y/N) had been looking and a saw a snapped pencil on the ground. "I just stood on the pencil" I say pointing down to it.

"Right well come here and we will give you a quick rundown of what's going to happen" we walk back around the corner to the other two boys standing there. "Where's Ramsey gone?" Jackson questions.

"He said he had to go and check something out" he said with a shrug. This boy had sort brown hear and I know I had seen him about but I had never spoken to him. "Names Nick by the way" He held out his long slender arm for me to shake and as I did I took in the fact that I saw a small tattoo running up his neck that was revealed by the movement of his collar.

"This is Ben" Jackson answers for me "ok down to business. We are going to the cheer comp on Monday, it held at the military base about an hour away from here"

"From there we need to slit from the group to find the control room" Nick had taken over the talking now "once we find it all we have to do is insert the drive and download everything, once everything is downloaded there will be a virus sent through the whole system"

"This may seem easy but there are going to be a lot of guards so we need to be careful but remember the more bloodshed the bigger the impact" this was Trent who said the last bit. His face held a sinister smile.

After the briefing the boys gave me we all split off to go back to out dorms. I know I'm going to need to stop this from happening and I need to let (Y/N) know. Wait that reminds me.

I open the door that I shoved (Y/N) behind expecting to get hit with someone but when my eyes adjusted to the dark I saw that (Y/N) was laying in the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry the chapter isn't very long guys I'm trying to workout the best way to get into the action, but hope you enjoy.
~Jazz