Watching Your Footsteps

A/N:please note there is some slightly disturbing material ahead. Listen to the music while you read this chapter//

I walked downstairs the next morning to find Aunt Tabby sitting in the living room with a glass of wine in her hands. I hada lot of questions for Tabby but from the looks of it she was not going to be able to answer my questions.

"Aunt Tabby", I said sympathetically. I walked over to Aunt Tabby wanting to comfort her but she pulled away from me. She kept her eyes to the floor so I couldn'tsee her face clearly. "Aunt Tabby, please, can I have the bottle?", I asked in a sickeningly sweet tone.

"No"  Aunt Tabby whimpered. I went over to gentl take the nearly empty wine bottle out of her tumbling hands but then she looked up. I noticed her eyes were pitch black as she ripped the glass away. The red wine spilled on all of the white carpeting. The red stain spread like the color of blood over the carpet in an irremovable way. i waited for Aunt Tabby to yell. A few seconds passed. Instead of her screams, an animalistic noise tore through her, she was cackling like a witch.

"oh, I fucked up.... yet again", Aunt Tabby slurred as she swayed uncontrollably. "It looks just like your paint room. I let Samuel in last night. Did you know that? He wanted something from there. He loves you more than he loves me. Why couldn't he love me? What did you do for him to make him love you", Aunt Tabby said with tears bubbling over. I backed away from this stranger in front of her. I didn't know this creature that was sitting in front of me, but it wasn't my Aunt Tabby.

"What did you let him do to my paint room", I demanded with fear in the pit of my stomach. Aunt Tabby sat in a pool of wine, drowning in her sorrows, without a care in the world. It was the worst Aunt Tabby ever looked since I moved in all those years ago. I knew it wasn't easy but it seemed like we made progress these past few days. And still something was off; the feeling that this wasn't my Aunt sticking out strong. 

"You'll see for yourself", she said as she laughed in my face. "It looks awful, absolutely awful. And you know what? He never found what he was looking for", she said in a sarcastic tone. I was fuming but inside I knew I had to see for myself. . 

I ran towards the direction of my painting room feeling the pounding of my heartbeat in my ears. I tried to focus on the steady pacing of my feet. I was close to the paint room but fear gripped my heart in a tight fist. I felt like opening the door to the paint room would be like opening the door to pandora's box; i wasn't quite sure I was ready for answers. It turned out that I didn't need to open pandora's box because someone else had done it for me.The door to the painting room was ripped from its hinges. I had no choixe but to face the secrets hidden within this room.

As I stepped further into the room, I noticed the curtains in the painting room were slightly moved. I usually kept the windows closed so that I had my privacy as I painted. The person who came tumbling through here had mo respect for my privacy. That asshole destroyed my sanctuary and I was pissed.

I needed the temperature of the room to be set to a certain degree in order for the paint to keep its consistency. Instead, cool air blew into the room from a window that was left open carelessly. 

The thing that hurt the most was that, for no real reason, Samuel splattered blood red paint over my panel art work. I stared at the painting with the dried red blood painted over the night sky in horror. I felt sadness because those memories that I longed for felt desecrated. A piece of my soul lived inside that painting and Samuel shattered it with his filthy and perverse hands.

It wasn't the only thing that he used to draw with blood red paint. On the wall It stated the following phrase in blood red paint; 'I will find it'. I tried to understand the meaning behind the phrase but nothing came to mind. Obviously, Samuel was a delusional man, Samuel was teetering on the edge of a tight rope.