We Fight Together

"We will fight together tonight. You are not guaranteed an easy survival but it will be worth it to fight", I said to my friends as the enemy rushed forward.

"You are not alone anymore Luna", Valerie said. Valerie flicked her hand, pointing towards the three wovles who had also emerged. I stared at her with confusion in my gaze but knew that now was not the time for answers. "Your pack will stand by your side forever", Valerie said as the first set of rogues reached the area.

I shifted back into my dominating wolf form, right in the nick of time, so that I could fight the first wave of rogues. It was like drawing a moth to a flame the way the rogues kept up with their relentless attack. One wrong move in this scenario would cost me a single drop of blood that I couldn't afford to lose. As a small amount of allies appeared to counter attack from the sidelines I realized that Ann was heading in my direction.

Ann had the upper advantage because she had us out numbered with the endless amount of rogues she brought together. However we were strong in spirit with our small pack who were willing to do anything for their Luna.

I tried to think of what the crazy old moon goddess had told me about moments before.

"You will not let them win. You must control the wolf within you. And then everything will make sense", I remembered her telling me. She was right about one thing we would not let them win which meants I would not let them take a single drop of blood. Ann approached me as the other members of the pack rallied against the rogues for survival.

"You make others fight your battles Luna. Look at how weak you have become now that you have regained your memories. You were my only failure. My pride and Glory is coming now", Ann said violently. I felt something in the atmosphere shift as a strong White Wolf appeared in the crowds moving at lightning speed toward Ann quickly. "Shift", she commanded the White Wolf. I looked at my opponent feeling my resolve dissipate because a muscular older boy with red hair, green eyes, and a face similar to my own stood before me with hatred in his eyes.

"It can't be", I said out loud as I stared at the older boy. I couldn't believe that fate had been so cruel to reunite our family in this moment.

"Gabe. See Your sister returns to fight you. She is a murderer. Remember how she murdered your parents in cold blood", Ann said while stroking my brother's pale skin. It was definitely Gabriel that shifted back into the pure White Wolf heading towards me with hatred in his stride. "Drain every last drop of blood from her body", Ann said as she commanded him to move.

Gabriel followed Ann's command, so that we were standing snout to snout, while the members of my pack stood by my side. I wasn't paying attention because I was too flabbergasted to regain control of my limbs. I kept thinking about that night when I killed my parents and the necessity of their deaths. I had a life after that and poor Gabriel had actually been the one left behind in the forest that night.

"Pay attention. Or else they both win", Nixon said as he pushed me away from my brothers attack. I nodded my snout in response to let him know I understood his message loud and clear. I needed to think of this Gabriel as someone out to kill me. It was hard to picture that frail boy growing into such a powerful young alpha male but there he stood on all four paws.

I had to focus but keep my wolf in control of her emotional turmoil. I knew that deep inside of me something feral wanted to kill my brother and rip out his throat but I needed to ignore that feeling. I strode around the sidelines cautiously keeping an eye on Ann in the process. I felt like she would fight as dirty as possible to get just a drop of my blood.

I went into defense mode this time to protect myself from the claws that tried to scratch near my face. Every move Gabriel made, I kept trying to counteract by defending myself, I hoped he would understand I didn't want to fight him. A sensation came over me that kept my body very stiff as Gabriel moved into position. I sensed that something important was about to happen in the next few moments.

"Dodge", Nixon told me but it was too late. Ann attacked from behind while Gabriel attacked from the front. It was Gabriel who pinned me down to the ground as I fell before him. It was also Gabriel that swiped his claw across the scar on my face in the same place my father had done to me with the blade. In that moment as his claw touched the old scar something passed between the two of us.

I passed onto him a flash of my memories of that night as our parents tried to kill me. A tormented expression passed over Gabriel's face as he went to swipe his claw across my throat.

"Finish her", Ann yelled violently. Instead of ripping out my throat, Gabriel ripped his claw across my leg, as he missed the main artery by mere inches. Gabriel shifted into his human form looking tired from his physical attacks. "I would stick around to watch you die but just a vile of your precious blood will do", Ann said while giggling. I lay there as my brother took a single drop of my blood. He walked back to his master and lay the vile of my blood at her feet. As she placed her hands lovingly against my brothers obedient eyes they disappeared into thin air. For just a brief moment, I swore I saw something like recognition flicker in his eyes, but then they were gone.

I lay on the ground thinking about how I failed the moon goddess by losing my blood to the evil witch doctor. I felt myself fading away into the night sky as the blood loss made my head woozy.

"One day you will meet him again. It will be a battle for your life and your children's lives", my mother said from above me."Go back your mate is waiting, your friends are waiting. You will be very loved Luna. You will live a long life before you must fight again", she said as she showed me a vision from the near future. "Live", she said as she threw my body back down from the clouds.

"You've got to be kidding me I hate falling", I said as I plummeted to the ground.

"Too Bad", a familiar voice said stubbornly. "You better get used to falling because I'm going to be here to catch you every time. I love you Rowen Whitley and I'm never going to let go of you ever again", Nixon said as he pressed a kiss to my lips tightly. I turned around to see the small but compact pack I had formed; Valerie, Ian, Mr and Mrs. Smith, Ember and last but not least my beautiful mate Nixon Barros standing by my side. I didn't need to search for the fragments of my lost memories anymore because I was a Luna ready to take my place by her Alpha's side.