Chapter 14 |Pretty Little Cannibal| Part 1

|Shadow's.POV|

He was shivering in the cold wind, surrounded by darkness that the streetlight had not lit up. He began laughing and crying at the same time while he looked at the mess that he'd made. Corpses that were no longer recognizable to anyone. I slowly walked up behind him and grabbed the dagger from his bloody red hands. He turned to look at me with an innocent face that was soaked with blood and tears. From top to bottom, he looked like he had drowned in blood, and from looking closer his small legs were shivering in the cold.

I reached out to grab his hand, he was in a daze and I had to be slow and cautious or he'd try to hurt me too."The sun will rise soon..we have to get back to the house so that way no one finds out it was us who did this...do you understand?" I asked. "But why can't we just stay for a little while longer? Please don't tell me that you're ashamed of me and what I did!" he panicked. Tears fell down his cheek as swiftly as waterfalls along with his sweat. He was hyperventilating and his loud breathing was gonna get us caught. I quickly ran behind him and put my hand over his mouth. It took a little while but his breathing started becoming normal again. Although I wasn't really worried about that, soon the sun would rise and we'd have to leave this place before anyone came across and saw us. Blood dries up quickly and Sonic is covered in it, I have to get him cleaned up right away as soon as we get home. His body from the waist down was covered in blood and dirt. So looking at him was just as equivalent to looking at a monster.

When he finally caught his breath he pulled my hand off his mouth and looked back at me. "Aren't we su-supposed to hide the bodies?" he shivered. I took a small glance and smiled. "No...let's leave it as a gift for someone who walks by, I think they'll enjoy the view," I said and held his hand making him smile.

I lightly felt his stitched-up cheek and he softly purred like a baby kitten. "Now let's go home and get you cleaned up," I said while tightly holding onto his hand.

Leading him back to the house was not easy as the sun was slowly beginning to rise and the townspeople were starting to wake up. Thankfully it was too early for there to be too many people so we made it back to the house just in time.

As soon as we made it to the house, the stench of burning corpses had faded, leaving only a fresh new stench of dried blood. It was honestly refreshing to smell that scent all over again.

|Sonic's.POV|

Simple things like showering and eating were easy to do I still remember these things but everything else was like a blur. When we came into the bathroom, it got pretty awkward from the fresh blood smell coming from my clothes and the muddy footprints I left on the white floor. He gave me a smile reassuring me that he didn't mind and that made me feel cuddly inside. I started taking off my clothes starting with my shoes and socks. Unfortunately, that was only the easy part. Shadow walked over and kissed my cheek "I'll give you some privacy." he whispered as he walked out of the bathroom.

I could feel my face burning up when I closed the bathroom door. Whatever, that's something I can deal with later. Anyway, I took off the rest of my clothes letting them fall to the floor and I realized that I was covered in blood and dirt, so much so that it soaked through the clothes and stained my fur and quills. I felt it starting to dry up so I turned on the shower and began washing.

|Shadow's.POV|

One priority was to always get rid of evidence of the crime. First I started with cleaning up the dried-up blood on the floor and walls. Little bits of fur were left behind by Sonic's friends so I grabbed as many little bits of it in my hand and threw them in the fire. Soon after I took off all my clothes and threw those away since they were covered in blood and no longer useable.

Looking around the house, the blood was cleaned off and the dried blood scent was replaced with the smell of cleaning products. No signs of any murder in the house, whatsoever. So finally the only thing left was to close all the windows and curtains to block all the sunlight from coming in.

|Sonic's.POV|

You know when you take a shower and right when you turn the water off the cold air breezes right over you? I swear I could not keep still, it was too cold for any of that. I grabbed a towel and started drying myself. Shadow left some extra clothes by the sink so I started putting those on too.

|Shadow's.POV|

When I finished cleaning up, I grabbed a small blue blanket walked upstairs to the bathroom door, and knocked "Sonic, are you done?" I shouted. Five seconds later the door swiftly opened revealing Sonic wearing comfy clothing and a tired expression was on his face. I smiled and gave him the small blue blanket.

He smiled and wrapped it around himself, then he climbed into bed and snuggled up next to a pillow. I followed him and laid down right behind him without saying a word. I wrapped my arm around his waist and pulled his body closer to mine. I've had dreams of moments like these, where I get to hold my lover close to me like a teddy bear. No one will ever touch him besides me. No one will ever make him cry. No one will ever break his heart. Not a single soul will love him more than I do. I'd keep him by my side for the rest of our time until we die. For thirty minutes I was holding him close to me and there was not a sound to be heard for the whole time.

|Sonic's.POV|

With my eyes still closed I broke the silence. "Shadow?" I asked. "Yes love?" He responded. "Do you ever....eat any of your victims," I asked. He kept quiet for what felt like a long minute. "Of course not...but if you ever get a little curious, maybe we could try it sometime~," he said in a loving voice. Now that I think of it, when I had my first kill, I remember their blood squirting and splattering out of their bodies. Some of it got on my face and a little at one point got in my mouth. I couldn't taste anything at the time but it left me pretty curious about what they tasted like. I kind of wonder what a hedgehog tastes like.

"Shadow...how do you think I would taste like?" I asked. I felt him lean in closer to me. His warm breath was grazing my neck and I could feel his hand around my waist moving slowly up and down my body. "I feel like your blood tastes sweeter than a mountain made of sugar, your heart is like the cake and frosting to your love. And your flesh...while very soft...would be like biting into a soft piece of fruit," he said as his hand still grazed my body.

I felt him start to move his hand up my stomach, reaching to my chest. His fingertips slightly grazed against my neck making me shiver in excitement. Next thing I knew his hand was wrapped around my neck and I felt him squeeze me hard, which left me breathless for a few seconds. I bit my lip and turned my head to look at him. His eyes were glowing in the darkness and I could feel his fingers getting tighter around my neck.

"Maybe. Tonight when the sun sets...we can see for...ourselves." I said, struggling to breathe. He loosened his grip and slid his finger against my stitched smile.

"You really wanna know what our kind tastes like?" he asked. I bit my lip hard and nodded.

"Oh Sonic what an adorable little cannibal~" he said.

~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~••~••~•~~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~••~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~••~~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•