Chapter 19 |When The Sun Sets|

|Sonic's.POV|

I woke up with the sun hitting my face and from the looks of it, the sun was just setting. It looks like I slept through another whole day this time. Our sleep schedules are pretty weird, sometimes we are nocturnal and stay up all night long or we sleep all night long. My brain gets confused at times but I'm fine I promise.

Now if there's one thing I know, it's that I hate being alone, even though Shadow was sleeping it wasn't the same as when he was awake. I rolled over to Shadow's side of the bed and crawled on top of him. I started shaking him and pulling on his arms trying to wake him up. "Come on wake up," I said pulling harder.

He groaned deeply, trying to give me a sign that he didn't want to be disturbed. But I didn't care because I didn't want to be lonely all night long. So I bit on his ear and pulled on it with my teeth. He responded with a low growl and mumbled something in his pillow.

I bit on his ear a little harder and pulled it with a little more force, I even mocked his growling noise while I was at it. It's fun messing with him in the morning, usually because he's too sleepy to fight back or anything. But after a couple of seconds when I saw that it wasn't working, I decided to do something that would probably make him upset.

I took out the little pocket knife that was hidden in my pocket. I got out of bed and stood over Shadow who wasn't completely conscious. I held out my wrist and breathed heavily. My sweat was building up and soon damped all my fur. Just thinking about what I was going to do was scaring me a little, but when I told myself that it was gonna be okay I felt a little better.

For a good minute, I stared at my wrist with fear and cried a little. But it was okay...because I just smiled and said to myself that I shouldn't worry about a thing.

I pressed the knife at the corner of my wrist and I slowly pushed it in. A small gasp and a cry of pain come out of my mouth. It hurt so badly but I knew that this would surely wake up Shadow. So I forced myself to smile through it and made a slit on my wrist. It wasn't too big... Just a small cut, but it wouldn't hurt to do just another small cut. And possibly another small one right next to it.

When I made these cuts, blood instantly dripped out, and it made me feel dizzy. My vision was getting a little blurry and I was sure that I was going through shock since I couldn't feel the pain anymore. I held my wrist out so that the blood would fall over his face and hands.

When it fell on him, it would make a tap noise like when you tap on a window. It lightly splattered across his cheek and 2 drops of blood later, he opened his eyes. Confused, he wiped his cheek and looked at his hand, then looked back at me and saw my hand.

"Damn It Sonic!!" he screamed frustrated. I was about to laugh but soon interrupted when Shadow pulled me into the bathroom and turned on the sink, washing away the blood. "Why do you have to yell? " I asked. "You've already starved for a long time," he said while cleaning my wounds. "The last thing you need is to lose more blood than the little amount that you already have!" He shouted again. I nuzzled his cheek lovingly "Well that's what happens when you don't wake up" I responded.

He grabbed a towel and dried my wrist, "You don't understand, you could die from this" he said as he wrapped some cloth around my wrist and tied it around my wounds. "I'm fine" I simply said. Mind you that I was still holding the knife in my free hand, he saw it and snatched it from me. He then leaned in closer to me so that our eyes were only inches apart.

"No. You're. Not" he said in a soft but firm voice. He looked away and walked out wiping the blood off my knife. I looked at the new bandages on my wrist and sighed.

That's not the first time I woke him up that way. And it certainly won't be the last.

|Shadow's.POV|

Normally I'm supposed to say "I can't believe this" but I did. I walked out of the room and noticed that the sun was beginning to set, I felt like I traveled through time and it gave me a headache. But I always normally shake it off and it would go away if I just ignored the stress. But lately, it hasn't been working, none of it has been working. I'm exhausted and I just needed a few more hours of rest before I could get up and go.

But I have to keep watching over Sonic like he's a child, making sure that he isn't hurting himself or me especially. He's so small and precious and adorable, and he's crazy and psychotic and paranoid.

I've been missing the old Sonic, the one that never behaved like a child and was more mature. Sure he screamed and pushed me away, but that was so much funner than what happens now.

I fell in love and became obsessed with him because of his old personality and character, that's the reason why I loved him in the first place. But now that he's different...I'm starting to miss my old Sonic. I'd rather have him run away from me. He's terrified of me than to have him run away because he's teasing me.

There was just something fun about doing all that with the old Sonic, and this is what I've done to him. I mostly missed the time when he first came to this house and he talked to me like a friend would. He smiled and laughed with me and we shared a small bond... Almost like how a couple would do.

I heard him walking around upstairs and I groaned at the sound of his voice. He then came running down the stairs and then appeared right next to me. My face was buried in a pillow so I couldn't see him.

"I love you Shadow," he said sweetly and leaned down to hug me. "I'm sorry for being so bad this morning, I just wanted to wake you up," he said while crawling back on top of me. I turned my head to look at him and I couldn't help but to cry a small tear.

|Sonic's.POV|

I was happy to finally not be alone again, but it didn't feel good because Shadow kinda didn't like me right now. But there's always little way to earn back his love. I tried playing the cute role and snuggled up in his arms to which I felt a small drop of something wet hit the top of my head. I looked up and saw Shadow crying, I had never seen Shadow cry before.

"Please don't cry," I said snuggling in his chest. I heard his little sniffles and his breathing started becoming a little rapid. "Smile," I said. For some reason, just saying that one word made him lose it and start bawling out in tears. I couldn't help myself but I so badly just wanted to stitch that smile on his face so that I wouldn't have to witness this anymore. I hate seeing him sad, but I didn't want to hurt him more because of that. I place my finger at the corner of his mouth and just picture in my head what he'd look like if he was smiling down at me.

The hallucinations were coming back and I could see his face smiling again. There was nothing scary or creepy in my way, it was just an image of Shadow smiling down at me. Maybe this was more of my imagination than a hallucination, but it still hurt me to know that behind this image that I pictured in my head, it wasn't even real.

The darkness from the real world crept into my image and when I rubbed my eyes and saw the real world again, the room was dark and Shadow wasn't crying anymore. He was sleeping again, and when I looked around I just saw a dark room, now that the sun had finally set outside. Leaving no light behind for me to see if Shadow was even smiling in real life.

~

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~