Chapter 36 |His Final Goodbye|

|Shadow's.POV|

His head laid flat on my chest when I comforted him. Minutes had flew by, I didn't even want to check his pulse to see if he was alive anymore. I couldn't hear him breathing and he felt so cold after holding his hand for so long. I broke down after seeing his lifeless face. "Sonic...?", I asked. I got no answer. "Can you hear me?", I asked again. Of course he wouldn't respond. "Please...", I said. I hugged his lifeless body and cuddled up with him before I'd let go as well. He told me that he loved me back. Damn, that's all I ever wanted from him. I softly held his cheek and touched his stitches, those godforsaken stitches. "My happy doll", I whispered to him. No response. I stood up from the bed and left the blankets over his body. My little doll is resting safely in his own bed. I kissed his head and began to do the thing that I promised to do. I pulled out that little knife from my pocket and held it in my hands. The same knife I used to carve Sonic's smile. This time, I'll be doing one of my own. I knew it would hurt badly, but it was the last thing I needed to do. I held the knife to the corner of my mouth and slowly began slicing away a smile. I wanted to scream so badly. Blood started pouring from my mouth, and I could feel my veins and muscles popping and ripping with every deep slice. My shirt was drenched in blood. I was in shock from all the slicing and cutting, that I could no longer feel that pain. My head was spinning, and I was becoming dizzy. The blood dried fast, which made the cutting so much harder to do. Bits of flesh were falling off, until I reached the perfect deep cuts. When I finally finished both sides of my face, my carved and extended smile was complete. And now for the harder part, the stitches. It was no cakewalk, but it's not so complicated either. I simply stitched the skin back together, so my smile had looked just like Sonic's. I coughed up the blood and fell on my knees. My mind was going blank and the room around me had become blurry. As I tried standing on one knee, I realized that I still had some cutting that I needed to do. I looked at my knife, covering in my blood, almost looking as if it was feeding off of it.

I closed my eyes and quickly started cutting all around my body. Deep cuts, open wounds and slashes all around my arms and legs. My chest and even my stomach, it was all coming out. Blood squirting and staining the floor that I stood on. I was losing so much blood and soon I would bleed out from it all. I used my final bit of strength to lay in bed with Sonic and relax myself after feeling the burning pain of all these deeps cuts. Then, I accomplished one final thing that was for sure gonna help me end it all. I pressed my knife at the edge of my wrists, and slit them open wide. This was for sure, my final cut, before I'd bleed out completely. I can feel myself dying, and the whole atmosphere had felt so much different. I feel as if a huge weight was lifted from my body, as if I was floating. I reached out to hold Sonic's hand, as the last thing that I would see on my last night in this life, was Sonic's happy face of peace and serenity. When everything was finally over with, where no one could come to hurt us. No one would come and separate us again. He could finally rest in peace, and I could see the love of my life, sleeping right before me. The sight of him was giving back some memories of everything that we've been through.

|Flashback 1|

I laid myself on the bed and lightly cuddled next to him giving him a small kiss on his forehead. His head rested next to my chest and as he was sleeping his leg wrapped around my leg. I gave a little laugh before holding him close again to me and kissed his ear right before going to sleep with my soon to be lover in my arms.

|Flashback 2|

The moment had faded when we both had to let go to breath for a moment. When we pulled away we looked at each other again and I swear his eyes couldn't be anymore beautiful in the glow of the shining moon above us. He quickly hugged me and said something to me that I will also never forget for as long as I live.

"I love you..."

|Flashback 3|

By the ways that he was moving, it made me want him so badly. I lifted my head up a bit and started loving on his neck. To which he responded with a soft and delicate moan. For a while, I never thought I'd hear him make these sweet sounds. I'd only hear them in my dreams, his innocent face would be glowing a rosy red, and he'd tell me the amazing feeling of being touched in this kind of way.

|Flashback 4|

"Come here Love", I said and held up Sonic's head, giving him another soft kiss. He gracefully kissed back and slid his hands up my chest. We both tightly held onto each other, never breaking the kisses we shared. He wrapped his legs around my waist, pulling me closer to him. So close that our hips were touching, he gave a soft moan and quickly flipped us over so that he was on top, sitting on my lap again. I laid back and gasped at the sudden action and chuckled.

|Flashback 5|

I spent a little over an hour trying to make him as perfect as I could, even though other than the crying he was already perfect in my eyes. It felt better when I felt his blood actually dripping down my fingers...it was so warm and a dark pretty shade of red. He looked so beautiful that during the procedure I kissed him a couple times, tasting the blood that dripped out of his mouth. I had to hold him up a few times so he wouldn't choke on his own blood. Soon my shirt was covered with my lover's blood that I had to drag him to the shower where all his blood went pouring down the drain. At this point I was soaked in blood and almost done with his new smile. His eyes started twitching which didn't bother me at all I thought it was cute. I put my hand over his twitching eyes to stop him "Shh if you open your eyes then it won't be a surprise anymore" I said to him only getting no response back considering that he was still sleeping. I kept on stitching until finally I was done with his smile, and tied a knot on both sides of his smile to keep it secure.

|End Of Flashbacks|

"Goodbye Darling..", I whispered sincerely, and left a small kiss on his lips, right before I closed my eyes and let myself go. It didn't take minutes for me to eventually leave myself. I can feel my soul leaving my body, it made me feel so much lighter, like a feather flying through the wind. And with that, I made myself smile, one last time for the love of it. I reached over to hold his hand, as it was the last thing I would ever touch.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~