Chapter 35 |I Love You...|

|Corrupted Sonic's.POV|

I saw those pretty butterflies again, they looked beautiful while they were floating in the room. It was the only hallucination that I liked. The only one that could comfort me while I looked at Shadow's teary eyes. "I love you too, Shadow." He held me close and lightly massaged my ear. "Shh... It's okay darling..." he whispered.

"Drift off to sleep and walk into dreamland," he whispered sweetly. "Dream about us." he comforted me as I closed my eyes for the last time. I felt at peace when I heard him humming in my ear. I held on tightly and cried myself to sleep for the last time in his warm and cuddly arms.

|Shadow's.POV|

I wanted to say my goodbyes to his normal and sane persona before we would say our goodbyes to this cruel world. I watched him sleep as the sun was beginning to set on our last day together. His blue fur was now a darker shade from the lighting. I slid my fingers through his fluffy and spiky quills, the same ones that I had dreamed about touching and feeling, every morning when I'd wake up and see his beautiful face right next to mine. He lit up in the dark from his smile. His real smile. I placed my ear next to his chest to feel that heartbeat again, memories came back to the day when he first slept over. His innocence was like a treasure to me. I'll never let anyone take that away from me.

As for our little suicide mission, I didn't want to hurt him. It pains me so much to imagine that. I felt that it would be easier to do something a little more simple for him. Those pills that he got from the facility were another way of letting go. It, for the most part, could feel painless, and I wouldn't have to hurt him physically and he wouldn't have to fear too much from it. I crawled under the bed to grab that jar of pills and I held them while lightly shaking them. There were so many little pills inside. I smiled at the memory of us reuniting at the facility. His kiss was something special, the best part was the willingness to do so. The way that he used to touch and kiss me was something different. I couldn't believe that it wasn't some fantasy or dream. The fact that it had come true, was something out of a heavenly daydream. I lightly cried again when I saw his eyes open again. Those green gems were glowing in the darkness of this room.

"Hey, Sonic...How're you feeling?" I sat next to him in bed. He sat up and rubbed his head. "What torture device are you gonna use on me this time?" he scoffed. I frowned and held his hand. "Not anymore darling." I nervously smile. He looked at me, confused. I sighed and looked out the window. "If I had the option to set you free... I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd happily jump out that window and end my life for you to be happy and normal again." I was genuine. I would jump out the window to end his suffering. But there was one thing holding me back. "But no matter if I do that or not, you'd still be trapped. The facility will find you and take you back to be treated, or because of our escape, they'll probably never let you go. So even if I set you free, you'd still be trapped in that nightmare." I told him. "Oh..." he sighed.

"I forgot about that..."

"Plus, you still have that two-faced persona. That needs to be treated majorly."

He pulled his scarf up to cover his mouth and looked away from me. "Fine then..." he mumbled and cried again.

I figured that I make our last night together a little happier after seeing him cry for the millionth time. "You know it doesn't have to be all bad," I said.

"I'll gladly be your extra pair of legs," I picked him up from the bed. I carried him and spun around slowly. It was hard to spot, but I could see a small grin under that scarf. "There's that smile~," I said and made him blush. "Don't push it," he huffed