Chapter 33 |Truthfully|

|Before the Chapter starts, let's give thanks to KoutherRose for making this beautiful fan art ❤|

I never knew that Sonic could ever look so cute and precious 😍 this is based off the previous chapter titled "Perfect Smile" where Sonic gets a brand new smile

I never knew that Sonic could ever look so cute and precious 😍 this is based off the previous chapter titled "Perfect Smile" where Sonic gets a brand new smile. I love it!! Thanks so much for the fan art 🎨 it was very last minute but I was still able to fit it just in time for this chapter.

Speaking of this chapter, I now present to you, Chapter 33

|Shadow's.POV|

While waiting for him to wake up, I looked around his house. I look around to see a master bedroom, must be where his mother's room is. I walked through the house and found pictures hanging on the wall of his family. His mother was on some of them, I even saw some of Sonic when he was younger and smaller. So adorable. But as I looked around the pictures, I saw some other people who seemed unfamiliar. They kinda looked like Sonic, but I wasn't too sure. If they lived here, then that would explain those extra rooms up here. That's when it clicked in my head that he had a Brother and a Sister. Their room doors were closed, but I knew for sure that they weren't home. It could only be a matter of time before they would come home. I panicked when I realized that we couldn't stay here for long. That's when I heard Sonic's loud scream from his room. I playfully rolled my eyes and walked into the room. I saw Sonic sitting up while he gently poked at his bigger smile. His skin almost looked like it was rotting off his face, and it was pretty. He tried to break off the stitches by screaming with his mouth opened wider. But the stitches were too strong for that.

I stood by the doorway and watched him suffer, when I should've been trying to comfort him. He cried, just like always, and hissed whenever his salty tears had touched his new wounds, which would burn like hell. He paused his screams when he realized that they weren't doing anything for him. "Wh-y do you... Always h-hurt me..?" he asked.

The tone in his voice was desperate. I mean that's nothing unusual, but... It was something different when I heard it. His eyes were big and full of fear, so red from all the crying. I could hear his body shivering from the chills that he got from waking up. His fur was all messy and knotted. And his heartbreaking voice was the thing that killed me. I mean I knew that he was sad, but even after giving him that new smile, all I could see in his face...was anything but happiness. It's like the one thing I tried to give him in my own way but he never enjoyed it naturally. It only was the version of him that was insane from the start, never this one. In an odd way this made me snap. I came to realize that Sonic might never truly be mine.

I sighed and sat on the bed right next to him. "Sonic, let me be honest with you." I said. He flinched when I sat on the bed, and hugged himself to keep warm.

"When I first laid eyes on you, I noticed one thing missing. It was the lack of joy..happiness," I continued. "You were always so moody and you had looked bored all the time. I was fascinated with how stubborn you would be sometimes. It seemed like there was something missing in your life, I wanted to introduce you to my world and maybe enlighten something in you, I mean I understand that college life can be pretty tough, but it was only a couple of times where I'd see you smile. Even then, they weren't even real smiles, when they'd always be fake signs of any sort of affection," I said.

He looked down and sighed, "Why does.. Any.. Of... That matter?" he asked. I lifted his head and looked him in the eyes again. "It attracted me because I wanted to be the one to make you happy. Obviously though, you didn't like my romantic gestures." I chuckled. He gave me an angry look, "Romantic gestures? You mean to tell me that killing innocent people and dragging their dead corpses to me was a romantic gesture?!" he shouted.

"The crazy side of you liked it," I said in a normal tone. I wasn't gonna tease or mess with him, just full honesty. "Huh? What crazy side?" he asked. I looked at his nightstand, where the jar of pills was sitting. "Well, after that hard blow to the head, you passed out. When you woke up, you suffered from amnesia. It was like you turned into a completely different person. I liked it because it was easy to manipulate and control your mind. Together we killed and murdered almost half the people in this town," I said. He gasped and looked down at his hands, knowing that those had killed at one point. "During this time you were curious about a lot of things because of the fact that you had no memory. One thing you were the most curious about was cannibalism." I said. He dripped tears like a waterfall onto his hands and gagged from it. "The worst part is what had happened to your mother..." I said. That's when he lost it and screamed while he cried on his lap. "No! No! No!... no," he shouted, then mumbled. "She was murdered, but the worst part is what happened afterwards. I left you alone with her so that you could say your goodbyes, and when I came back....you were.." I didn't need to finish, he knew what I was gonna say. He gagged even more, but nothing was coming out. He almost choked on his own tears. "Anyways, I loved your crazy and insane personality because it was something that I dreamed of seeing. But after spending day and night with your crazy persona, I had enough," I said. "I mean I still love your crazy persona but I didn't want that to be the full definition of you. To make a long story short, we both got caught by the authorities and were sent away to some facility that had kept us apart," I said. I looked back at his nightstand and pointed at the jar, "Do you see that jar? I saw the label underneath and it shows to be some kind of medication that they were giving you. I feel that after taking those pills, you somehow woke up with your normal persona," I said. "I think it might have to do with some psychological things going on in your head. Your amnesia would also have something to do with it. So now you're kinda split, you're both normal and crazy." I explained.

He shook his head and looked back and forth from me and the jar of pills. "Waking up in that facility was one thing. Then I suddenly wake up here in my room?" he asked himself.

|Sonic's.POV|

Waking up in a facility was weird, but it would kinda explain why I woke up here in my bedroom. It's almost like being drunk and having a hangover where you don't remember what happened because it doesn't feel like you truly lived in it. I sighed and looked back at Shadow, who stared at me while waiting for another response. "So how did we leave the facility?" I asked, trying to be sure. "When I found you, your crazy persona was you, and we both broke out of there. I don't think you'll be able to control the two personalities that you have. For an example, when your crazy persona wakes up they'll think that they were just sleeping this whole time and won't remember this conversation." he explained. I couldn't see him clearly anymore, not after the watery blurry vision I had from the tears. This can't be real. This isn't real. It's got to be a nightmare. The room was silent, except for my small whimpers. I tired myself out and fell to my side, where I cried myself to sleep. Sometimes I do cry in this bed, but never like this. I remember having my Mother coming in to comfort me whenever I was upset or scared, and she always told me to cry into the pillow. So that's what I did. Normally I'd feel her rubbing my back to sooth me. And that's when I felt a hand being gently placed on my lower back, and sliding up and down, giving me a small massage. For once, Shadow actually succeeded in comforting me to sleep, rather than scaring me.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~