Chapter 30 |F.I.R.E|

|Sonic's.POV|

My body felt weak and cold, I had thrown up all my breakfast from this morning, and even some of last night's dinner. A nurse had been coming into my room every hour, offering water. I took the offers, but it could only help with a little bit of the pain I was having. I laid down on the soft floor of my room and felt myself drifting off into sleep as my body was healing from the intense vomiting I had just did.

|Corrupted Sonic's.POV|

I wake up in my room feeling as if I've been asleep for longer than I should have. From the looks of daylight that I could see outside my door, it seemed to be the very next day, Friday. Though it feels strange because usually they take me to eat breakfast when I wake up. But after being awake for a while, they didn't seem to acknowledge it. Then again, my stomach was hurting pretty badly, and my throat felt a little sore. I feel as if I've been screaming uncontrollably, was it the pills? I wonder if those things worked. I didn't feel any different, other than oddly painful feelings in my body, it seemed like nothing really changed. Although I feel as if I've been awake this whole time.

I stood up from the floors and realized that I haven't been taken out for my weekly walk yet. I haven't been outside and I was ready for that walk. It's one of the only other times when I get to talk to Shadow. He and I speak from his cell window, another place where we can speak besides the visitations of course. There wasn't anything I could do though, not like I could just walk out of here. But I will admit that I had a strange dream when I was asleep. I could see myself acting confused and angry, I swear that I was able to see myself taking a walk outside and talking to Shadow. Then again I don't remember the conversation, but it felt so real. Maybe I did go on that weekly walk and just fell asleep right afterwards, blurring my memory. I can't really tell the difference between reality and my imagination right now. I mean, was I even really in this facility? Or is this another one of those hallucinations that I'm having, where I'm actually at home safe and sound with Shadow and just having an illusion of something horrible.

|Shadow's.POV|

The day was taking forever to pass by. I enjoy a good Friday like anyone else, but I wanna hurry onto Saturday where they actually let me out of this cell. Then again, maybe I didn't have to wait to get out of here. The only other times when they'd let me out of here was during meal times or bathroom breaks. I just wanted to leave on Saturday, because when they let me out on to the fields to walk, there would be plenty of space to make an escape. Now the 'fire' part of the plan worked like this, when they escorted me outside we would have to go through the facility to make our way to the fields, meaning that we would walk down long hallways and stuff. And in those hallways, they all had an emergency fire alarm. Set one of those off and the whole facility would we scrambling around like hell to evacuate. And in that time I could find Sonic and we'd make our escape, along with plenty of others who were locked down here. It would be a danger to society but I didn't care. The only thing that concerned me was Sonic being hurt by one of these crazy people. Then again Sonic is a danger to others and himself.

I shook my head and focused on the plan. I walked to my cell door and knocked on the window, grabbing one of the guard's attention. When they opened it, I politely asked to use the restroom.

|Corrupted Sonic's.POV|

I was currently in the room where they gave me my pills. The pills were in a jar and the jar had a divider that divided the different colored pills. I swear that I don't feel any different after taking them. I mean recently there was that weird dream I had, but I don't know. I just don't feel very good while taking them. I think it was that pink pill that helped me out with staying calm. But even then I still hurt my throat pretty bad, maybe I was screaming in my sleep. Anyways she handed me the pills and one at a time I took them. She left the jar sitting at the corner of the table and I sat and stared at it while I took my pills. To think that they spent time sorting those out so that I could stay sane was scaring me. It was like they were spying on me. Which they were with security cameras, but still. The nurse smiled at me and I happily smiled back since she was the only nice one to me.