Teaser

"I am this thing, this monster, because of you!" The boy screamed, blood staining his hands and clothes. "Every life I take is because you tried to play the hero, so dont you dare stand there and criticize me! My humanity is gone, because of your actions!" He kept shouting, eyes burning with unchecked rage--- whether it was for himself or the stoically calm man in front of him, not even he knew.

"No." Was all the other man said, his posture never leaving its relaxed state. "Its because of him, isnt it? Imagine how disappointed he'd be in you, in how you've grieved. No one has forced your hand to act like this, no one is purposefully trying to paint you out as a bad person, but this needs to stop--- if not for you or any of us, then for his memory."

The soiled boy in front of the man seemed to lose some of the fire in his eyes, but the scowl remained. His voice was cold and dangerously low when he opened his mouth to reply, "How dare you speak so freely of him, you didn't even know him! You know nothing of my grief! I would be with him now, if it werent for you!" The boy collapsed on his knees, crying and shaking, bloody hands gripping at his chest as he struggled to breathe.

"It w-wasnt supposed t-t-to end so fast, we w-were su-supposed to have longer...be h-hap-py." He whimpered, heart cracking at his own words. The man in front of him walked closer, crouching down to cup his cheeks. He looked at the pitiful eyes staring back at him, and sighed.

"You need to let go of this guilt you carry inside. Existence is a never ending cycle, no matter who you are, or where, and how you live. Death is just one of the stages of that cycle, same as birth, but it doesnt mean everything just starts and stops when your heart does. Life goes on, time keeps ticking, but in those moments where it feels like they slowed to a halt, you have to remind yourself of one thing---

this is not the end."