Evan Hansen x Fem!Reader (Dear Evan Hansen)

Y/N Heere the least popular person in school, next to Evan Hansen and Connor Murphy. She's only ever had one boyfriend and he was using her. So, she wasn't very confident in love or herself.

Theater- Y/N's passion and reason for not killing everyone in the school.

So, teching every show was what she did. She never auditioned no matter how badly she wanted to. Her brother always told her not to, it would hurt his "image" more than the SQUIP.

"Ms.Heere, shall I give you another detention?" Mrs.Hamilton snapped

Fuck, Y/N had been sleeping in class. Again. Up front, Jeremy was facepalming. Evan Hansen turned and gave Y/N a reassuring smile. Y/N's heart went a flutter. She'd been forcing herself to ignore the feeling she got when he looked or smiled at her. Though, Connor wasn't fooled.

"*cough*lovebird*cough*" Connor snickered just loud enough for Y/N to hear

"Shut up, Murphy!"Y/N hissed

"Ms.Heere! Mr.Murphy! I will not have you disrupt my class! Detention! Both of you!" Mrs.Hamilton shouted

~Time Skip~

Y/N sat back in the desk in the detention hall. Somehow, Connor and her were the only ones there.

"Connor I fucking hate you!" Y/N groaned

"What did I do?" Connor hissed

"You coughing at me, you bitch!"

Connor got a cruel grin on his face.

"Well, if you'd just tell Evan that you like him-" Connor started

"For the last time, Connor! The day I tell Evan is the day I die!" Y/N shouted, " Besides, he likes Zoe."

Connor softened when he realized one of his only friends was actually hurting. His dumb fucking sister was ruining Y/N's existence.

"Hey, wanna hit A La Mode on the way home?" Connor asked, "You are coming over today, right?"

Y/N nodded and smiled at the boy. They'd both been really sad lately. For reasons they couldn't understand.

~Time Skip~

"Hell yeah!!!! Strawberry-Kiwi!!!!" Y/N yelled

"You overreact all the damn time, you loser." Connor chuckled

"Yeah, but you chose this loser to be your best friend." Y/N responded

"Hey, h-how c-can I help you?" The server asked, "Oh! H-hey, Y/N! Hey,Connor! Strawberry-Kiwi and Grape I guess?"

It was Evan-fucking-Hansen.

" Oh! Hey, Evan! You guessed right!" Connor smiled

We got our stuff and quickly sat down outside.

"You knew he worked here, Connor!" Y/N hissed

"Yeah, I did. He started on Friday." Connor said, "Why do you care so much?"

"You know damn well why!" Y/N growled, " Your fucking sister steals all of his attention while I sit here pining for him!"

Y/N heard a cough behind them. She turned in her seat and Evan was red faced behind her.

"What a fun day! I'm going home." Y/N said hurriedly leaving

~Time Skip~

Throwing herself into her bed, Y/N tried to avoid crying or turning red in embarrassment.

"Way to go, Y/N. You just embarrassed yourself in front of Evan." Y/N muttered into her pillow

After about three hours, Y/N rolled over and flicked on her TV. Girl vs Monster was on. She was trying to not think about what had happened.

"Y/N! Your friend is here to see you!" Jeremy called up

"Okay! Let them in!" Y/N yelled

At this point, Y/N didn't care who it was.

"H-hey, Y/N" it was Evan

"Hi, Evan." Y/N replied

Evan came over and lied down next to her on the bed.

"Y-you know, Z-Zoe was h-helping me b-build m-my confidence." Evan stated

"Oh?" Y/N replied dryly

"Y-yeah, so I c-could t-talk to you."

That caught Y/N's attention.

"Why to me, Evan?" Y/N asked

"B-because... I like you. A-as m-more than a-a friend." Evan stuttered

Y/N rolled over to face the boy. His eyes had fear in them. Y/N wrapped her arms around his torso and pulled him into a tight hug.

"I like you as more than a friend too." Y/N said

Y/N and Evan stayed like that the whole night. They were both emotionally drained and fell asleep.