Connor Murphy x Reader

A/N: Hi! Sorry I stopped updating this book, I started a Sherlock x Reader book, a Merlin x reader book, and a Disney Channel x reader book. Check those out if  you feel so inclined to. On to the story!

3rd Person POV:

Y/N hung off the back of the Murphy's couch, watching Zoe do her homework. Having a bookworm of a best friend can be fun, but mostly not. Y/N fell off the couch onto their face when the door opened.

Connor, Zoe's older brother, trudged in. Glaring at any and every thing. Zoe sighed and rolled her eyes as she watched him walk up the stairs.

"Hey, Zoe?"Y/N said

"Yeah, Y/N?" Zoe replied

"I'm gonna go check on him really quick."

Y/N hopped up off the floor and went upstairs before Zoe could protest. Y/N knocked on Connors door, which swung open revealing a tired and pissed off looking Connor.

"What, Y/N?" Connor groaned

"You looked upset, I thought I'd check on you." Y/N said softly

Connor's face softened, a light smile tugging at his lips.

"I'm fine. Just tired." Connor said gently

"Can I come in?" Y/N asked, trying not to press

Connor stood for a moment, a contemplative look on his face. Then, he moved to the side and let them in.

"So, what's got you this tired?" Y/N asked, sitting on the bed

Connor sat down next to them, "Jared Kleinman,"

Y/N nodded, Jared was a family friend and they knew how much of a dick he could be.

"I'm sorry, I wish there was something I could do." Y/N said gently, "Why don't you try to get some sleep?"

Connor shook his head, "No good. Haven't slept in a solid three days."

Y/N rolled their eyes, " Lay down, I'll stay until you fall asleep."

Connor shifted up further into the bed. Y/N sat down next to him. They softly played with his hair, just because they could. In no time, Connor was sound asleep.

"Sleep tight, Connor." Y/N whispered standing up from the bed and leaving the room quietly

Y/N slung their self back onto the couch. Zoe raised an eyebrow.

"How'd it go?" Zoe asked, her eyes flitting the page of her book

"Pretty well. He's just tired." Y/N replied with a smile, "Playing with his hair puts him right to sleep though."