continued...

****

II

James sipped his Tea.

      "It...burns!", he said, as blood dripped from his tongue.

     "It does that the first time you have it. It's Devil's Tea", a girl of 9, said.

      "I'm James", James said.

       "Caroline Locrat" Caroline said, "Mother is visiting from London", she beamed.

        "Hello Caroline. Where is your Mother?",  James asked.

         "Talking to Lady Demon...", Caroline begun, before she was cut off.

         "Caroline, where are you? Oh, you're talking to a human. Come to me, child!" Lady Elizabeth Locrat answered, wary that her only daughter was talking to the thief.

         "Mother, he was sipping Devil's Tea, and his tongue's bleeding!",. Caroline said.

          "Indeed. Here, have this" Elizabeth said, "tis a cure"  Lady Elizabeth said.

         "Thank you M'Lady" James said.

         He screamed in pain.

          Then, several seconds later, the blood stopped.

           "Thank you M'Lady. I hope you're not bothered by me. I am a collector" James said.

            "Jewels for Sir Charles. I see his influence know no bounds. Come, Caroline. We must see Father's grave" Lady Elizabeth said, and they headed away from the thief.

            James sighed, as the warm afternoon was now gone...

            ...In its place, was a cold, eerie darkness that enveloped the Manor.

           ...A darkness that filled James with dread.

****

Page 4