continued...

XIII

Scotland Yard Detective Craigh was nervous.

     Really nervous.

     And, because of that, he knew why he was nervous.

     The why, (it was said), happened thus:

     He was born on October 24, 1832 in London.

      His parents, Sir Richard Craigh, 32, and his wife, Rosemary Craigh, 32, were a Bobby and seamstress. They were both Catholics.

       And, when their son was born, they smiled.

       And then the horror happened.

       One night they saw demons walking along one Saturday night.

       It was foggy.

       The Demons had sharp horns on their heads; sharp claws on their hands. And, as their serpant-like tongues hissed in the darkness, as they bypassed the glowing lampposts along the dirty, cobbled road, and as they noticed the humans, their black colored eyes focused on them...

       ...And then they glided towards them.

       "DO YOU WATCH US, HUMANS? WE DO NOT SEEK YOU, DO NOT SEEK US...BECAUSE TO SEEK US, MEANS DEATH!", Belial asked, as it gripped the pitchfork in its right hand, as it moved its right, clawed feet, and slashed their throats, ripping their thorax, as blood gushed and they died violently.

        And, as the young Detective was taken in by his Uncle John and Aunt Mabel Craigh, both 60, he grew up normal.

         And, by 18, in 1850, he became a Bobby in London.

        And, as he became a local legend solving crimes, he quickly was promoted to Detective in 1855, aged 23.

        And, dealing with normal and unnatural crimes, was what Detective Craigh dealt with. Spiritualism, clairvoyants, conjurers, anyone who claimed to see the dead in the middle of the darkened room, the candles glowing in the middle of the grey tables, as cold gusts of evil wind came from The Otherworld to the Normal World...caused the Detective to know that some crimes were committed by non-humans...And, as a result, he was the 'go-to' Detective to deal with the supernatural...whether he liked it or not.

****

Page 45