๒ (2)

Haechan poked his head into the room and nudged Jaemin.

“where's Renjun?”

Jaemin sighed. “I don't know. He didn't reply to my text, ” he dropped his phone back into his bag.

“—did you guys have a fight or something?” Haechan's brow wrinkled for just a second.

“Nope. But he told us he needed some space, ”

Haechan nodded and gave a faint smile at him, “give him some time. It's been hard for him,”

Jaemin forced his lips into a smile. “I know,”

Yeri emerged through the crowd wearing an off-the-shoulder plain top and jeans. She linked her elbow through Jaemin's.

“tell me, who's the eye candy Alpha in the dancing club?” she asked, wiggled her eyebrows at him.

Haechan sighed. He knew exactly what Yeri meant with her words.

Yeri's flirting mode: ON.

While Jaemin furrowed his brows as if he was thinking hard about it.

Yeri grunted. “—come on. Don't tell me you're planning to keep it secret from me. I saw you and Jeno were talking to him yesterday, ” she rolled her eyes.

“there are many of them. Which one? I need details, ” Jaemin snapped.

“the one that—,”

Yeri was about to say something when Haechan put his arm around her shoulder and squeezed it. “come on. We're here for the food. Not for trash talk,”

Yeri pouted, “—it's not trash talk—”

“yes, it is. Come on, let's go,” Haechan rolled his eyes at his sister.

He pulled Yeri and Jaemin into the dining room, where platters of roast chicken and sandwiches lay in a vintage lace tablecloth next to big bowls of fruit salad, a tray of chicken pasta, a tier of chocolate and vanilla cupcakes for desserts.

Plastic cups sat next to bottles of Sprite, Diet Coke and fruit juices. Everyone else had already dug in, scooping food onto their plates with long-handled plastic spoons.

An icy hand circled Haechan's wrist when he stepped toward the table, “hey there sexy, ”

Mark whispered to his ear as he leaned forward to close the gap between them. Haechan flinched at first, but he slapped the naughty hand of Mark that rested on his ass.

“—and hi to you too Perv,” Haechan said by way of greeting his mate. “—another thing, can you please control your hormones? I'm here to eat, not for you to grope my assets,”

Mark chuckled, then he stole a kiss on the Omega's cheek. “do you think you can finish all the food by yourself?” Mark said as he brought his hand to pat the Omega's belly.

“—you look sexy with your chubby tummy, ” the corner of his mouth curled up into a grin.

“stop doing that, ” Haechan slapped his hand away from his belly while he was shielding his belly.