7 - Questions with No Answers

Virgil's POV

We stepped out of the cafe, still talking, and said our goodbyes. Roman rushed out of the cafe saying that he had to meet someone. Little did he know that he was meeting the same person. Oof. I ran home and changed into my costume to go meet Roman........again. I can't believe that he hasn't noticed that my voice is the same as the person he was just with. Maybe he will. I was thinking too much. I lifted up off my balcony and into the air. I did a little run around the city, making sure that everything would be fine. I was suddenly stopped when another superhero blocked my path.

"Not today, Wanderer. I got the city tonight. Go to sleep high-schooler." The hero said, hovering in air.
I gave him a 'really' look, and he scoffed.
"The superheroes don't need help from a villain like you! Now go!" The superhero exclaimed.
I shrugged. The words stung a little bit. I didn't have to look over the city anyways. I try to limit my interactions between other heroes as much as I can, so I don't talk to them. But......
"Whatever. I gotta go meet someone." I saluted him and flew off. Until I noticed a monster creeping up behind the hero. I sighed. I flew down a little bit and shot a blast of magic at the monster. The superhero's eyes widened, probably thinking the blast was aimed at him and ran out of the way. He looked as if he was going to fight me, but looked back to see I had shot the monster. I gave the hero a stare and flew off.

I flew down to the park me and Roman always meet at. I saw him sitting on a swing, twirling the red and white sword I made him. I decided that I was going to scare him. Why not. I silently flew down on top of the bar holding the swings. I then gripped the bar and swung down, my feet and hands still on the bar like Spider-Man.

"Boo!"

Roman fell backwards off the swing and screamed, sword still in his hands.
I jumped off the bar and helped him up, but I just couldn't stop laughing.

"Alright you got me Anx. Would you stop?" Roman said, his ego bruised.

I ran a hand through my hair, and then realized that I didn't have my hood on. I quickly put it on and started to talk to Roman about what we were going to do. I was going to take him into the city and practice running around the city. It's pretty useful when you can't fly.

"Aw, why can't I do the cool stuff like jump buildings?" Roman whined.
"We will get to that, but you need to know how to move around," I said, repeating words from a long time ago.
Roman sighed. "I guess you're right."

Roman's POV

We got to an empty part of the city, and Anx started to explain.

"This is important for every hero, even though most heroes don't do this. If you don't know how to navigate streets, even empty ones, you won't get places."

He talked as if he had said that before. He looked off.

"Anx? Are you okay?"
The Wanderer looked at me. "I'm fine, it's nothing to worry about."
"No, it's not fine. There's something wrong. Are you okay?"
"Heh. There's the hero qualities I was talking about."
"You're avoiding the question Anx."
"I said I'm fine, alright?"
"No you're not. Please just tell me."
"You just.......remind me of someone. Someone from a long time ago."
"Who?"
"I'm not telling you. Let's just get on with this."

It was pretty awkward after that, but I got the hang of running around the empty streets and cutting corners. We even had a practice where I had to find where Anx was quickly, by running around the streets. I guess it is pretty useful in the long run, pun intended, because even if a hero can fly, they can be in a building and they need to find the villain fast, without causing damage. That must be how Anx found that one man in the jewelry store really fast. I think I still need to practice more though, if I'm going to get that good.

"Oh my god!"
"Is that him!?"

We both whipped around to see three girls staring at us. Anx stepped up.

"Uh, you girls should leave." Wow, Anx is really short.
"Can we get a picture?" One of the girls asked.
"Sorry, but no-"
"Who is this?" A girl pointed to me, "Are you training another hero!?" Anx looked distant.
Another?
"Girls, please leave. This is not your business." I pleaded.
"Oh! Is he your boyfriend!?"
"No! Leave!" I exclaimed.
"Alright, fine then! Bye!" The girls left the streets.

I looked back at Anx, who looked like he was about to faint. His breathing was ragged, and he was shaking. A lot. Oh crap. Aaaaaaaa, what is happening to him?

"Uh, Anx? Come on."
I picked Anx up and put him on my back. I started, surprisingly, running to my house. Anx is super light. Something seemed to be familiar about this, but I'm not sure what. I got to my house in two minutes or so. Anx was still awake, and he was shaking less. He looked so small and fragile suddenly. I opened the door and helped Anx in.

"Roman? Who is that accompanying you?"

(It's ya alpaca boi here, andidontknowwhattosayheresoimjustgonna-
So, who's at Roman's house? Find out next chapter! *sarcastic ooo's and aw's in the background*

926 words)