25 - Fire

-

They had to be here somewhere.

-

Roman's POV

Maybe they were on the roof or something. Wait, there is no roof. 

This was a giant office building, and there were tons of people inside before the explosion. How many people were still in here? The fire was put out, but the police were still looking for people. So was I. 

Another explosion blew from the other side of the building.

I immediately ran over there, sprinting as fast as I could. I have to go and help Virgil. What if he got hurt, or worse? Stop it, I told myself, now you're starting to think like Virgil.

I got there soon enough, and started looking around. I was walking now, more caution to my step.

CRASH!

My head whipped around to see Virgil thrown against a wall. I almost jumped into the scene. 

"I know that when you see something wrong, you want to jump right into action and be the hero. But, sometimes that's not the best thing to do. If no one can see you, you should go when the villain is not suspecting you."

I stayed back. Deceit was in his regular form, snake face and all. 

"Really? You're going to die here? With more than you started?" Deceit snarled.

Virgil didn't look up.

"You could always join me. You were born with the chance to become the greatest villain of all time, but you choose this path! You left me! Why!?"

Whoa. 

"I never wanted to be hated. There was a person who showed me that being the bad guy isn't the best choice. You hurt people, and I can't..." Virgil responded.

I wondered who it was. It couldn't be me, because he has been a hero for about two years before I met him.

Deceit looked away. 

And Virgil glanced at me.

I dove at Deceit, knocking him to the floor. I quickly held my sword over him.

"Wow, good job Roman. I guess having a trainee does benefit you after all, Virgil. So, what are you going to do? Send me to jail again?"

"I don't know. Ugh, I hate you so much." Virgil was still on the floor. I didn't let my guard down for a second.

"Already established that."

"I'm aware!"

They bickered back and forth like that for a while. It was irritating. Is this how Virgil and I act when we agrue? Yes, probably.

"Well, I know I can't just send you to jail again. I know very well that won't work. But you pretended to be me, and it's very hard to convince people without proof!"

"So, should I just go out there as "tHe wAnDeREr" and then just switch back to myself to show people? Like 'The Wanderer is dead! And I was the one who blew up the building!' So you can stumble out of the building all heroic and stuff?"

"Have you been planning that?"

"Yep. I need someone to fight you know."

"Fine, whatever. I hope you get caught by another hero and end up going to jail again. And I hope they throw up in your food. Come on Roman."