15 - Again

Roman's POV

Ugh, I can't believe Anx is going to tell the school nurse his identity, but not me. What trust does he see in someone he just met!? I'm his trainee!

Well, it was after school, and I was heading over to the sword place. Or whatever you call it.

"Welcome back Roman!" Mrs. Pearl greeted me as I walked in.
"Hey Mrs. P," I said.

We headed to the room we were in yesterday. But the room wasn't empty.

"Hello, you probably know who I am." I sure did.

"Anx, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"I'm just here to tell Mrs. Pearl here that Roman is my trainee."

"Wait, Anx? That means you're V-" Mrs. P started.
"No. Roman doesn't know who I am. But now you do," Anx said, looking her in the eye.
"Oh, so that's what you meant by secret identity..."
"Yep. I'm here to watch, and make a less sharp sword."
"Oh, um, thank you.......Anx?"
"No problem. And if you're worried, other superheroes are out right now."

I pouted as the dialogue went on. So the nurse knows exactly who The Wanderer is, because he told her, and I just have tiny clues. And with as many people in this city, it'll be hard to know exactly who. Unless you're a school nurse who happens to know a sword-based martial art! I thought bitterly.

"So, let's get started."

Anx had made two swords, which were blunt and and looked as if it didn't do much. Probably training swords or whatever. But when he gave one to me, it was as heavy as the white and gold sword. How did he do that!? It's made of wood though! Must be some magic thing. Not to mention he carried both of them in each hand. I have to use both hands to even think of holding this one sword! I have a lot of training to do, don't I?

I learned new techniques and practiced, now I can be a little more carefree now that the sword is less sharp. Anx occasionally joined in and helped me straighten my posture, or to adjust my grip.

When it was done, I headed back home, as usual. Anx followed me this time, claiming he had nothing to do. We talked about things as Anx floated above me. We were talking as if we have known each other for years, and not have just met about two weeks ago. And I guess to anyone else it was weird to see The Wanderer out in the open, with his guard down, and talking to someone. I remember thinking of Anx like a mysterious edgy shadow, but now, he's actually quite the opposite. But I would never say that to his face. He still thinks that he's some Emo Nightmare. Emo Nightmare? I've used that before. I need to think of some better nicknames for different people. It would be weird if I was calling two different people the same nickname.

"Hey Imma stop by that 7/11 over there. Want anything?" Anx suddenly asked, pointing to a building.
"Really, you brought money with you? And why are you suddenly so casual?"
"Yes, I did. Again, do you want anything?"
"You avoided my question."
"Fine, if you don't want anything. Also, it's because you remind me of someone."
"Whatever."

He glided into the store, and came back with a slushie and a chocolate bar.

"I got you something anyways," Anx said, tossing the chocolate to me. I caught it awkwardly and looked at him.
"What's that look for? Just eat the chocolate, jeez."

I looked at his slushie, it was blue-raspberry.

Anx seemed to know what I was thinking. "Freeze your brainnnnnnnn!" He sung, and I laughed.

"So you're a theater kid too, huh?"
"I don't being on stage, but I definitely love musicals."
"That's boringggg. I myself play the lead role all the time!"
"Impossible. No teacher at a school would chose one student every time to play the lead role."
"Whatever. You sound like Logan."
"Yeah, I do."

Wait. He must go to my school then.

"Gotcha! You do go to my school!"
"Oh shi-"
"Too late! I will hunt you down! Give me a hint!"
"Dammit. I'm up for a challenge, so I guess I could give you a hint. The first letter in my first name is one that I guess is pretty uncommon."
"Okay. Uncommon first letter in first name."
"Good luck. There are so many people with weird first letter names, and I may or may not be in the same grade as you."
"Oh crap, I didn't think about that."
"Of course you didn't."
"What are you implying!?"
"Hehe, nothing."

(Heyo, its ya alpaca boi here, and I feel like I haven't posted in foreverrrrr.

791 words)