24 - Who?

Patton's POV

Something is wrong something is wrong SOMETHING IS WRONG-

"Something's not right," I said, running out of the house. I heard Roman say "What?" before I shut the door. As I looked around, the door reopened.

"What's wrong?" He asked again.

"With V-Anx!" I said, panicky.

But then I saw a famliar figure racing through the crowded streets. Virgil. As he got closer, he looked....terrified. His hair was a mess and he didn't have makeup on. Something is definately wrong.

"Virgil what happened? You look like a mess." Roman said. I forgot that he didn't know who The Wanderer was. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh..

"Are you okay Virgil!? How did you get like this?" I asked, leaving out 'in the two seconds you were gone'.

"No, are you two okay?"

I looked at him once more. He didn't have shoes on, his hair was a mess, not wearing makeup, and...what?

"What are those marks on your wrists?" I asked. Not cuts, but...

Roman looked at me and then at Virgil.

He sighed. "I'm alright, but we need to find Deceit."

The realization hit me like a brick. "That means.."

"What's going on!?" Roman asked, not hiding his confusion.

"Do you know Deceit's power?" Virgil asked him.

"Of course I do.......Oh shi-"

"No cursing! But Virgil's right, we need to find Deceit before he causes damage. He didn't just turn into..The Wanderer for nothing." I said.

"You know what I figured out? You're Anx, right?" Roman pointed at Virgil.

"Uh, yes? There's no time for this! Sorry, I'm just really shaky right now, I am losing my mind currently!" Virgil said, too worried to process anything.

"What, so we're just going to dismiss the fact that I figured your identity on my own?"

"Good job, you get a gold star!"

"Guys! I know this is shocking, but we need to find out what Deceit and Remus are up to!" I said, both of them stopping.

"Hah, you're right. We should go." Virgil said.

"But where?"

"Leave that to me. Wait here."

Virgil took off into the sky to survey the city. Soon, he was back.

"I can't find him!" Virgil said hurriedly. 

"What do you mean!? He has to be here somewhere!" I said, now really worried.

"Search again Virgil! I don't know why he would go anywhere else," Roman said.

"But what would that do!? I've already searche-"

There was a loud BOOM sound coming from three blocks down.

"Oh no."

We all ran over as quickly as we could while Virgil flew ahead. (That was a weird sentence to write. Out of all sentences, this one is the weirdest so far? Idk)

I heard some more commotion up ahead, and ran faster. Roman was in front of me, being more athletic. A sword appeared in his hand.

Dang, I wish I was faster!