16 - Friday

Roman's POV

I walked into school determined, to find Anx. I kinda want to find him, instead him telling me. I wonder who he actually could be. It was weird thinking that one of the students in my school is one of the most powerful heroes in the world. I looked it up. He's like number three or something. Now that I think about it, he would have a lot of money if he accepted the payment he gets. How modest can you be? Damn, I might accept it for him.

I approached the gate, and went in.

"Hey Logan!" I said, running up to him.
"Salutations, Roman," He replied, and suddenly got red.
"Hehe! Hi Roman!" Patton was holding Logan's hand.

"Oh my Crofters, finally!" I joked.
"Oh yeah, when are you and Virgil gonna get together?" Logan retorted.
"What!?" I flushed. "I don't even know if he's gay!?"
"Are you admitting that you like him!?" Patton squealed.
"No! Agh, I hate you guys."
"That's what you get for teasing us," Logan added.
"Whatever."
"Before the bell rings, I need to ask you something Roman."
"Okay."

Patton stepped away to let us talk.

"So, Roman, do you who The Wanderer is?"
"Believe it or not, I don't."
"That's surprising. But, I think I know who it is."
"Really? But, I know that he is at this school, and that the first letter of his first name is a weird one."
"Then that supports who I think it is."
"Ah come on! Why am I so clueless!?"
"I can literally just tell you. I think it's-"
"No. I want to find him myself!"
"Alright, have it your way. You know what, I said the same exact thing to Patton."
"Wait, does Patton know who The Wanderer is!?"
"Yes."
"What!?"
"Yeah, Patton told me that The Wanderer told him."
"That's weird. Why Patton?"
"That's what I thought. Maybe he accidentally found out."
"Patton would be the one to find out accidentally."
"But thinking about it, maybe The Wanderer is friends with Patton at school. Or they know each other from something else. We did see Patton's healing magic."
"That actually makes sense."
"Thank you."
"Well, we should probably start heading to class."
"We should. We all have the same first class, so we can talk to Patton. He's probably already there."

We walked to class, not talking. As we thought, Patton and Virgil were already there. Logan's eyes narrowed a little bit, but I didn't notice. There seemed to be a non-verbal conversation between Logan and Virgil that I didn't understand. All of us talked until class started, and then we just whisper-talked. Except for Logan, the giant nerd.

It was now lunch, and all of us made a plan to sit together. Especially Virgil. He needs to sit at a table.

We all walked in the cafeteria, and grabbed our lunches. I was the last one, everyone was already seated at the table.

"Hey Roman, have you looked at the flyer I gave you? I saved you a seat," I heard a girl from theater say.
"Uh, I haven't looked at it yet. And I already promised to sit at another table," I said.
"But you always sit here!"
"Not today." I said, walking away, knowing that it's just going to keep going.

"Hey Roman!" Patton said, bubbly as usual.
"Sup," Virgil didn't look up from his food.
"Salutations." You already know who says that.
"Hey guys, what're we talking about?"
"Just stuff!" Patton said, still happy.

We kept talking about whatever random things popped up. I looked over to the table that I used to sit at, and if looks could kill, Virgil would be dead. The same girl who gave me the flyer was burning holes into Virgil. No wonder he didn't look up. I scooted in front of him, blocking her view of him. She huffed and turned back around. Was she jealous? Must be to be doing that. I need to look at that flyer though. I remember it being something for a show the school is going to be doing. I don't know what, but I know it can't really be anything not PG, so a lot is crossed off. Oh! I just remembered that I should meet up with Anx today, since it's Friday!

"Hey Roman, are you okay with this?"
"What?" I turned around.
"See, I told you he wasn't listening," Logan said, looking at Patton.
"Anyways, we were planning on going to the beach or something during the weekend, since it's a three day weekend."
"It's a three day weekend?"
"Yes, Monday is a teacher work day. I plan ahead, unlike you."
"Whatever. I think I can go-" Oh wait. "I don't think I can."
"Why not?"
"I have to meet up with someone."
"No it's fine Roman, you can go!" Patton told me.
"Oh, did you talk to-"
"Yeah, I did!"
"Then it's settled. Meet me at my house at 9, Saturday." Logan said, and we all nodded.
"I didn't think Virgil would come, since he's a vampire."
"Shut up Princey."

So I wasn't going to meet up with Anx this weekend. That's okay, I should take advantage of this. There will probably be a lot more time to practice in the future.

Virgil's POV

I knew how to swim at least. I was kinda forced to, but I can swim. What really scares me is having to wear a bathing suit. I already don't like my body much, but I also have scars to worry about. My arms were still littered with cuts, and my back has two giant scars. Along with other bruises and scars from being a hero, and my eyes aren't that nice of a sight either. Patton would probably be proud of me if I didn't cover up and "accept myself". Maybe it will help raise my self esteem. And everyone else would be there too.

I can do this.

(Heyo, its ya alpaca boi here, and I need Roman to stop being an idiot and figure out Virgil's identity. Dammit Roman. Also this story is growing so fast aaaaaaaaa 2k aaaaaaaaa.

996 words)