Rebound

The book for the next two weeks is:

Book Title: Rebound

Author: SSMarie358

Genre: Chicklit

Rating: Scorching

Link: Click the external link at the bottom or you can find the book listed on the profile's reading list.

Short Summary:

She is a single mother in the middle of the worst breakup. He is a Marine coping with the aftermath of war. She is trying to rebuild her life. He is trying his hardest not to lose his.

Hailie Scott is on the verge of a wretched downfall. She can barely pay her electric bill let alone keep a roof over her head. She works two jobs and studies a full course load to earn a degree. To make matters worse, she is now a single mother watching the father of her daughter run off with the woman he had an affair with. She is left with every wrong decision that mends her life.

Ultimately, Hailie is kicked to the crib with only the clothes on her back, a laptop, and nowhere to go. That is until she stumbles into her old high school crush Jace who has experienced hardships of life that left the boy she once knew into a guarded soul. The Marine is battling his own inner demons that led him to a messy divorce and an internal battle that never heals. If anyone can understand Hailies torn heart and turmoil, its Jace.

Either they mend each other's wounds or they create new ones becoming each other's rebound.

Possible Triggers:

PTSD Flashbacks of war in Afghanistan, abuse, BDSM, Sexual harassment and Sexual assault

Strongest Writing Trait:

Descriptions

Weakest Writing Trait:

Grammar

Help request:

Character development, flow, progression throughout the story. What can I do to improve the writing and plot structure?

☆☆☆☆

You have a minimum of two weeks to read as many chapters as you can/want. We ask that you read a minimum of 3-5 chapters in order to get a good feel for the author's work. Once you've finished reading you may use the critique questions to guide you through your review and feedback.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Otherwise, just have fun!