Rebound (Feedback)

Rebound is an interesting read so far. I've only read five chapters, but I can see the drama unfolding nicely like a blanket. The characters are believable so far. They are both doing what they can for the situation brought upon them. H.'s story is more attractive to me than Jace's story, but I suspect that will change as the story continues. There were no intimate acts yet. However, I assume there will be later. As a story, Rebound does capture the readers, especially with H. starting out. The writing style is beautiful and shows the scenes as if I was seeing them. This is a story I would be continuing as I'm curious to learn more about the two characters and how they wind up together.

~Ellen

I've read through 8 chapters so far and that's not due to lack of interest for sure

I've read through 8 chapters so far and that's not due to lack of interest for sure. Wow - I really enjoyed the writing style and the degrees of polish I feel have gone into each chapter. I haven't noticed too many technical errors so won't go into that.I have to admit that the story is a bit hard only in the sense that most supporting characters are (intentionally) so unlikeable that I just want to shake Haille's shoulders and tell her she needs to surround herself with better people. Everyone around her seems like such a-holes, the worst of humanity! No wonder she feels the way she feels. Stacey is really the only one in her court.

Let's touch on Jace for a moment. It's apparent that both of them are extremely broken people but Jace, in particular, is a cumulation of mistakes he has made in the past. The only thing I have a small bit of trouble with how Jace acts vs how he feels, especially in the scene where he and Haille meet back up. His lack of reluctance to hit on and pick Haille up is not something I'm sure is entirely consistent with his internal landscape. It makes me wonder how much his intentions can be trusted? What are his intentions even in the first place? Is he going to end up treating Haille the same way as the woman was ho came stalking at his place? I really don't want to feel that way towards the main male lead. I want to be rooting and shipping the couple, considering the genre. Perhaps elaborating on his internal dialogue with Haille may help with that. I want to understand upfront that despite how he's been treated by women, how he can so quickly and easily try to go for someone else and treat them right and not just looking for sex.

Some other very minor things I want to point out is to consider Allie's dialogue. Considering she's 4, you may want to simplify even further anything she says. Just for consideration!

Also, I would actually move the timestamps to the beginning of the chapter. To me, timing is important as it shows how quickly a relationship develops (I hate it if there's no reason for characters to fall in love right away. Lust, I can understand but not love.) Last, I love the flashbacks but it takes me a little bit to orient that they are dreams or thoughts. Any kind of dream sequence, consider using italics to denote as that is a fairly common way to do so in published books.

All that said, I cannot stop singing praises about your writing style. I love the attention to detail of physical sensations and the varied ways you describe various simple gestures like hugs and eye glances. This is definitely the mark of a skilled writer and makes your writing easy to read and non-repetitive. I cannot wait to get to the steamy scenes. Great job and I will definitely be reading on.