Chapter V: Liar, Liar

"We heard something from the grapevine about Musa Medical

"We heard something from the grapevine about Musa Medical." Anton passed Gio a glass of wine. "Do you want to hear it?"

Gio and Anton stood side-by-side in front of the glass window overlooking the Lee Estate's front lawn, the early rays of the morning sun barely making their appearance on the horizon, ushering the weekend.

It was Anton's day-off, but Gio knew better than to tell his secretary to go home. There were just two places which Anton frequents--the office for work, and the clubs for leisure; and the clubs had closed their doors hours ago. If his companies would give a "Workaholic Award" during events, Anton would win them, hands down.

"Hmmm." Gio absentmindedly nodded. His mind darted to the dark-haired girl he met earlier who had the gall to rob him blind. Gio could not keep the irritation from his countenance, partly due to his stolen wallet, and partly because of the mention of Musa Medical--owned by Ran Musa and the bane of his existence. He swirled the wine glass in his hand and took a sip.

"Do you think it is her?" Gio asked.

"Huh? Who?"

"Do you think she is Ranya?"

"The girl from earlier? The one who stole your wallet?"

"Yes."

Anton paused for a bit, tilting his head in concentration. "I can't say. I have not seen a recent picture of Ranya."

Gio faced Anton, who had downed his remaining drink in one gulp. "Don't you think she looks like Quin?"

"Now that you mentioned it--"

Gio nodded, finishing his drink as well. "I thought so."

"There is no guarantee, though. It could just be a coincidence. She doesn't seem to remember you."

Gio heaved. "Yeah, she should have." It had been thirteen years, but Gio still bore a striking resemblance to his younger self.

"I'll look into it, just to be sure."

"We need to find her before Musa does. Start with KopiKreme. I think she's been there quite a lot. She seems to be familiar with the staff."

Anton nodded.

"Oh, and file a police report for my stolen wallet. It might be easier to track her down with the police's cooperation," Gio continued, smirking. Anton smiled. He liked it when Gio was in this mood instead of his usual sullen state.

"Speaking of Musa, we've known for quite a while that they are conducting medical research," Anton said.

"The one about human aging?" Gio tried to focus on Anton's report.

"It is more revolutionary than that, apparently." Anton massaged his temples, a sign that what he was about to say would possibly trigger an intense discussion with his boss.